Thread: Replacement Brake lines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Replacement Brake lines

What is everybody doing for replacement brake lines? Im wanting to clean up my lines, and honestly it looks like I am just going to have to start from scratch and bend up new everything.

Ideas?

For safety sake, do it all new.
    I bought a few coils of zinc coated brake tubing along with the needed fittings off of ebay, and duplicated it all using the old stuff as patterns.
    Memphis Equipment has new manufacture hoses.
    Last edited by jeepdan; July 3rd, 2015 at 11:32 PM.

autozone or others sell poly armour. borrow their bender and flair tool. See what fittings you need and buy those also. Its really not that hard to make new lines yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by maskale View Post
    autozone or others sell poly armour. borrow their bender and flair tool. See what fittings you need and buy those also. Its really not that hard to make new lines yourself.
    Re those the green lines? Thats what I did for mine
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Quote Originally Posted by Flingarrows View Post
    Re those the green lines? Thats what I did for mine
    yes

I just used o-rileys brake lines. there coated in o.d. green and have been superb. n.o.s. rubber lines, 1 ton truck split m/c conversion and n.o.s. wheel cyls. I honed them a little before I put em in service. had my shoes relined with Kevlar linnings also.
    morgan

The braking system is extremely basic. I replaced every single line and hose. It was not too expensive. The brass union blocks were fine so I reused them. I got NOS hoses from AB Linn. The date was '74 on the sealed plastic bags. Yes, that is a little old but they were in good condition and have served well. I stayed with the conventional factory single master cylinder which was an NOS from Saturn Surplus.

I have no problem stopping. "New" wheel cylinders from AB Linn. However, they were NewStar Chinese and started leaking in two years. I replaced the left side with NOS Wagner-Lochkeed cylinders and for the right side, I just rebuilt the Sino cylinders with USA manufactured piston seals. Hoping for the best.
    Last edited by Don Cavey; July 4th, 2015 at 07:27 AM.

Little late in the conversation, but you could also use cunifer brake line, bends really, flares nice, will never rust. Little expensive but I am redoing the lines on my m35, I like it so far

Default Cunifer

More on cunifer brake lines here.

I bought the Classic Tube stainless lines after reading this, as stainless is plenty good for me, and I figured it would take me several hours to bend up all of this stuff and I only have so much time. CT was having their anniversary sale (January) so it was only 170, plus shipping of 35, so 205 total.