Thread: truck6driver : Canvas top prices?

Default truck6driver : Canvas top prices?

Canvas top prices?
    Post by truck6driver on Dec 5, 2006, 9:34pm

This spring the metal top comes off. I have only seen 1 advertisement on line for the canvas tops. I know there more out there. What are the price ranges?

RH

Default rumplecat :

Re: Canvas top prices?
    Post by rumplecat on Dec 6, 2006, 7:35am

I am in the same boat, New life was running a special for forum members I thought?
    James G.

Default elwenil :

Post by elwenil on Dec 6, 2006, 9:15am

Shop around. There are three major suppliers for the tops, Beachwood Canvas, WeeBee Webbing, and New Life. New Life appears to be the only one that is offering a top with any options now. Beachwood offers a nice cheap vinyl alternative but it's a sort of glossy green that isn't quite OD but is a correct Mil-Spec vinyl.

Default over2land :

Post by over2land on Dec 6, 2006, 10:29am

If you talk to Beachwood, they can do options. But the options are cost prohibitive.

I've not dealt with WeeBee webbing... And, I used to live like 30 miles from Beachwood. I used them for all kinds of small parts on my 715, but when it came to the canvas top, I went with New Life and plan to do so again for the cargo cover.

Default beast :

Post by beast on Dec 6, 2006, 10:59am

I used Weebee Webbing when I bought all my canvas for the 715 and have been very happy with it. I got everything I needed from them, cab top, rear cargo cover, seat covers, pioneer straps. They had a pretty good turn around at that point, I believe it was 4-5 weeks for the stuff. Some of it even came quicker. I think the seat covers and strap sets came in, in about 2 weeks.

Thier website is http://www.odcloth.com/ Then go to the vehicle section and click on the 715 for all the pricing.

Default elwenil :

Post by elwenil on Dec 6, 2006, 11:00am

I know Rich (I think) at Beachwood told me he could do just about anything and would even do the M37 style tops but I think that a member recently reported that he wouldn't do it anymore. My vinyl top from Beachwood is top quality and I have no complaints about it at all.

Default dj :

Post by dj on Dec 6, 2006, 8:41pm

John at Midwest Military has them listed online for 290.00. I got a good used one from him a while back,I think it was 100.00,not sure ,but it was in real good shape. He was temporarily out of new ones when I was there. I'm quite sure his came from Judith at New Life Resource,but she sold her business to a woman in Minn. ,call John he might have one,or for sure could get you in touch with the new Perons business.

Default dj :

Post by dj on Dec 6, 2006, 9:41pm

OH OH, I lied about the top,it was for my M37,not my 715, sorry, can I be forgiven?