Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock Master cylinder rebuild kit

Default Stock Master cylinder rebuild kit

Am in need of a stock master cylinder part number. A Napa number would great. I checked search mode ,but it came up unavailable.

Thanks DJ

Search function came up with this for me:

Master Cylinder Replacement / Rebuild

My 2 cents worth is if your not trying to keep your 715 exactly original, go with the safer dual master cylinder. There are other threads regarding the dual master cylinder swap, both power and non-power brakes. Otherwise, I hope the above thread will get you what you need.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

Thanks for the part number,am planning on the dual mc in the future. The truck has no brakes,and the motor is the bed. I want to do a complete brake job in the future ,but other projects need finishing. My thoughts were if I could get the front brakes working a inexspensive mc it would be much safer moving it around until I was ready to start the brakes . Again thanks for the number!!

Thanks DJ

I have Fisherman's stock master cylinder that I ended up not needing. If it's all right with him (which I believe it would be), you may have it for the cost of the ride. PM me with your addy if you're interested and I'll confirm it's okay with Todd before I send it out.
    -- Tim Taylor

Thanks for the offer,I found a kit for mine,so will try putting that in for now. They are a pricey little piece if you want a new one!

Are you saying you found a rebuild kit for the stock unit? If so, I would love to know the source and part number.

Rebuild kit was ordered,suppose to fit, so my freindly parts man says. Will have in hand in several days. Hope it is right,will let you know. Jon, you don't sound very optimistic ,and coming from the main M715 guru ,my hopes aren't as high as they were.

Hoping for the best !! DJ

I certainly hope it is the correct kit.

When I got that part number Napa, both the counter guy and I found the price waaay out of line...we looked at every master cylinder for Jeeps from 1960-1970...thats alot of parts....not one of them besides our stock one had a price anywhere near as high and every one of them was available remanufactured...there is no core charge on the one for our application....only one without...seems no one wanted it back to rebuild it...

As I said, I sure hope there is a rebuild kit....so much better all around for us....I just see a lot of signs pointing away from that end....

PLEASE prove me wrong!!! That would make my day!

If your planning on going with the dual master cylinder in the future, I sure hope you didn't spend more than $30-40 on this rebuild kit. I think I spent like $40 going with the dual master cylinder, and that includes the MC, assorted fittings, section of brake line, and brake fluid.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

I don't neccesarily want to prove you wrong ,but , I sure would like to make your day !!!

DJ