Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I built a new M715

Default So I built a new M715

Well ever since someone posted a pic a couple weeks ago on Facebook about the 1/10 scale M715 body available for RC rock crawlers, I knew I was going to need one. I went and purchased a Traxxas TRX-4 and the “Lloyd” body from J Concepts and started working on my own. There was quite a bit of scratch building to make things like the brush guard and original style bumpers, plus I wanted a Ma Deuce on top just like my full sized one. Some paint and custom markings to match mine and I’m pretty well finished. I ran out of material to build the troopseats and need to find a light I can convert into the hood blackout light to completely finish it up. And once I can get to the hobby store to get those pieces I’ll have it all done. This will be fun to have at shows and displays with my real M715. Enjoy!!

Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Wow! That's fantastic...good work!

How long 'til Christmas?
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

That is beyond cool! I absolutely love it. As an RC enthusiast I can really appreciate that. I have a couple foam planes, plus a scratch built 5 foot plank on frame tug. The tug is not done but maybe 50%. It takes 80 lbs to make the correct water line. I also have a wrangler bodied Axial Scorpion back when all parts were metal. RC is fun and your M715 is outstanding. Thanks for posting.

Nice Dave

Late 70's through the 80's I built and ran RC boats & planes.
    Never got into RC cars. But sure had fun with a Cox dune buggy as a very young teenager.

That is top notch for sure! Thanks for posting that- gonz
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Blog Entries

Very cool. Awesome work!!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Very cool. I just got my body in the mail, but the RC thing is now back-burnered. I just got my very own M715 in incredibly good condition and am going to be putting money into that.

How much to build another one? THAT is AWESOME!!!!!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Very Cool. Didn't think you could find a M715 body, but there you go.
    Zone holster maker

This past weekend, I finished up building the troop seats for the RC M715. Just like the real ones they are removable from the stake pockets, but due to the odd "crate" in the back, there wasn't enough room to make the seats fold down so I just glued them up. Also made a front bridgeplate.

Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/