Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Camper Special

Pulled the 14bolt and painted that with POR15. The axles I should have painted a long time ago but never had the time when I was renting the shop. Didnt get a before pic but just less rust to look at.

Speaking of which, I did my floor pans as well. You can see someone notched square hole to let water out. That my thoughts exactly, it's a jeep it's going to leak, just give it somewhere to go so it does rust out the floors.

Oh so the keys to the left of the steering wheel, I'm still trying to figure one starts this thing!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    Oh so the keys to the left of the steering wheel, I'm still trying to figure one starts this thing!

Pick. Key, any key

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Just kidding bout the keys...

So I had some fun painting the rims. Theses are just rollers but I'm trying to make the truck more presentable because there are new owners to the apartment I'm renting. Hopefully they won't frown on this project. This is how it sits.

Also, in the video blog I show the air box, axles and beginnings of the trans mount.
    Found a good match OD rattle can for the floor pans and a few other things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liXak2E_n70

Looking good, did you get it running yet?

No man, I'm trying. The battery I have didnt have enough juice when I tried to fire it up

Man seeing this thread up and runnin again is givin me the itch to start on my 725/6bt project again.
    Btw, for what its worth, i have never had a 6bt start with just one battery, unless is was one of those 200# monster equipment batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by loosewrenchcowboy View Post
    Man seeing this thread up and runnin again is givin me the itch to start on my 725/6bt project again.
    Btw, for what its worth, i have never had a 6bt start with just one battery, unless is was one of those 200# monster equipment batteries.
    That would be great, I was wondering if you gave up on it. Looks like a great build and you did an awesome job on the 4bt wagoneer. You've already worked out the details I'm still putting together in the GW. If I remember you have 6bt/nv4500/np205 and cucv axles spring under front?

For anyone doing a swap, some good resource materials can be had by registering the ESN with Cummins (free):

https://quickserve.cummins.com/

Also, some companies have scanned shop manuals on CD. These are pdf files you can put on a tablet, very helpful. Here's one for 93, just make sure it's the 150-250 and not the gas only 50 ram.

http://www.autobooksbishko.com/Items...ual/13099.html

One battery will start that thing but make sure you have good ground straps grounding cab,frame and engine all together.

If you've noticed the other thread on the air compressor generator set up it's running but I still haven't been able to fire the diesel up. Anyway, I'll have at it another day.

In the meantime here's the motor that actually runs:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55sgd5AcX24

And the link to the thread if you missed it.
    http://m715zone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26234