After 3 years of trying to live with the crappy, Chinese wiper motors that mount to the windshield frame that were somewhere around $20 a side, I've had it. They work great anytime it isn't raining, and so I have tried to seek out a new solution.

I did the YJ conversion on Grantshire's truck, and it worked well, but did require a small mod to the wiper arms because the M-series windshield is a bit shorter. It also leaves a lot of exposed, finger pinching linkage out in the open, that isn't weatherproof. Boat wiper motors are expensive and usually not very much longer lived either.

Recently I've been working on a '73 Bronco for a customer (yes, I usually do bikes, but some of my customers request I work on their vehicles) and in the course of ordering parts I discovered a very nice kit for converting the vacuum wipers on early Broncos to electric. The beauty of this kit is, that it comes with both motors that are gear-drive and self parking, and it comes with the switch and instructions. I just received it today, but I plan on documenting the install here.

Looks like it should fit the bill nicely, although it isn't cheap, but if it works reliably, its worth every penny to me.

Stay tuned for more posts.