And by this year I mean at least to start it....Pics will follow, I plan to take some today. So I have finally built (most) of a garage since I moved down to CT about 5 years ago and I will have room to get some real work done on my 715 project. I have 2 trucks with not a whole lot of military left to them. One has a SBC mated to the t98 the other drivetrain starts at the T-case. All the 24V including the wiring is gone. Both have "hard tops" I don't know if they are any kind of correct.

Now on to the plans and I am hoping you guys will chime in with the advice and knowledge that I have seen for years on this site....I want to keep the sheet metal as original as possible.

Drivetrain loose plans at this point are: Engine,P-pump 6bt; Trans, manual, something bulletproof with overdrive if I find a cummins truck with an NV tranny, I might run that, other possibilites are the Spicer 3053a (or b if I could find it) or something in the Eaton/Fuller family....I am looking into using leaf sprung Ford superduty axles with 4.10 gears and 38" tires it should keep the RPM's down for highway travel. I have a 24' gooseneck trailer that goes about 14,000# with 2 lil' jeeps on it and that is what I need to tow.

The super duty rear seems to clear the 715 springs at the rear calipers, and I can tell the spring perch center to center width is within an inch (haven't been able to get a good measure on the 715 yet, Ford is 37.5" if I am remembering correctly....

Mikel and Defbob, I will be asking to stop by and checkout some of your stuff if that is not a problem? I know the engine is tight and I want to get it right the first time.... I want to mock up or fabricate everything and then completely disassemble everything, blast or otherwise clean, patch, and epoxy, POR, or whatever I can do to ensure that it never rusts like everything else on the roads these days....All new wiring, brake and fuel lines, etc.....

Basically I want it to end up as a brand new old truck. Then I won't have to pay rediculous taxes to the town as well. And it will be one of the coolest trucks around (as long as I don't move any closer to any of you guys)!

When I get the pictures up, I will go into more detail and of course, updates as they happen it wont be super fast, I am still sourcing parts and trying to get power to the garage, but hopefully it will start coming together soon!

Thanks All!