Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Progress at last!

Got the cylinder bracket welded together, cylinder mounted on the tubing bender, then checked the stroke again... the luck! It's about 2" too short
    So, back to the drawing board...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by venominjected View Post
    wish me luck... I'm hanging the 205 off the back of the ZF without any support. Mine is a street queen so I hope it survives without ripping off the tail housing.
    There are a couple companies that make a nice output shaft mount kit that shouln't bee to hard to incorporate...Trail tech fab here in CT (on pirate) and NWF in BC come to mind....

http://www.northwestfab.com/NP205_c_916.html
    Is that real money?

Are both of those companies spot on when it comes to quality, Ray? I'm in need of a shaft mount kit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ray steadward View Post
    There are a couple companies that make a nice output shaft mount kit that shouln't bee to hard to incorporate...Trail tech fab here in CT (on pirate) and NWF in BC come to mind....

http://www.northwestfab.com/NP205_c_916.html
    I have the original NP200 parking brake system graphed onto my married NP205 so not an option
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

Quote Originally Posted by venominjected View Post
    I have the original NP200 parking brake system graphed onto my married NP205 so not an option
    Trail tech makes this too and there are pto cover mounts as well....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NP-205-Rear...AAAOxyHIlTcLM9
    Is that real money?

Quote Originally Posted by Sipos View Post
    Are both of those companies spot on when it comes to quality, Ray? I'm in need of a shaft mount kit as well.
    Everything I have seen has been....

PTO mount

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NP-203-205-...kAAMXQeW5TcLBX
    Is that real money?

Waiting on parts for the bender since the cylinder stroke wasn't long enough.
    I had decided the engine and trans mounts were to low and want to raise it 1 1/2". I also want the mounts to tie the frame rails together. So, after lots of measuring, designing and drawing I put my ideas on metal and started cutting. Right now I have the front and rear plates of the crossmember cut out and this weekend I'll start boxing it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Nice! Keep em coming.

Have you figured out how to mount the hydraulic master cylinder for the ZF-5 speed yet? I wanting to install one in mine and not sure how to get the correct peddle throw for it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 78FordF150 View Post
    Have you figured out how to mount the hydraulic master cylinder for the ZF-5 speed yet? I wanting to install one in mine and not sure how to get the correct peddle throw for it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I'll be using an '85 - '90 F-150 clutch master cylinder that bolts to the firewall. Setting the stroke length will be adjusted with mounting height. I've got to pick 1 up first so I can get measurements.
    I found the McLeod clutches makes a hydraulic hose with the fitting that matches the QD fitting ford uses and Russell performance makes a fitting that will go into the master cylinder and adapt it to 3 AN.