Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Progress at last!

That looks great. Nice work.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

looks good.
    Now I see why you had to move the mounts, that tranny, it doesn`t have the drop of a normal tranny and bell housing.
    I re measured my engine(300) and 230 about 6 times and couldn`t find a significant difference till I saw the latest pics. Life put my swap on temp hold.

I wish the engine mounts were cleaner in design but I only have a regular manual press to bend the flat steel so... Kind looks rounded. But, they are plenty strong and should pose no trouble. I cut the slotted engine mount holes in them to make lifting the engine out a snap.
    I've got to clean up and cap off the T-case mounts. I got the body sat down on the frame with CJ-5 bushings and everything is clearing nicely. Now my son is bugging me to get the header panel and fenders back on it.... Youngsters, they are so impatient!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieM725 View Post
    looks good.
    Now I see why you had to move the mounts, that tranny, it doesn`t have the drop of a normal tranny and bell housing.
    I re measured my engine(300) and 230 about 6 times and couldn`t find a significant difference till I saw the latest pics. Life put my swap on temp hold.
    The trans is a ZF 5 spd. It's going to present a challenge to make brackets for the twin stick NP 205 thats behind it.... BUT, I think I have it figured out. I'll use the shifter housing mounting bolts as a pattern and make a plate to bolt down. I'm going to use solid round stock and run it from the passenger side to the drivers side (for the Ford T-Case) so the sticks are still on the right side of the trans tunnel.

Had to build engine mounts 3 times until I got it sitting where I wanted it.
    Testing sheetmetal to see what else I need to plan on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sweet! Looks like a truck again.

I like that transfer case mount.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

How much do you think it pushed the tcase back? Iam doing a 6.0 NV4500, and I am wondering where I am going to end up with tcase vs. bed toolbox fitment....Looking Good!
    Is that real money?

The bed tool box isn't the problem unless you moved back a bunch. The hump in the floor is your first issue if you move the transfer case back. Then the several inches the back of the cab hangs down below the floor is your next obstacle. Finally, you get to the bed tool box being in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    I like that transfer case mount.
    Playing with my JD-squared bender