Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Progress at last!

Quote Originally Posted by ray steadward View Post
    How much do you think it pushed the tcase back? Iam doing a 6.0 NV4500, and I am wondering where I am going to end up with tcase vs. bed toolbox fitment....Looking Good!
    I would have to go back and measure it but the T-case was centered between the axles so I could have 3 drive shafts the same length made. 2 for the truck and 1 for a spare. I've got a 120" wheel base so center of the T-case is at 60" from the front. It is just low enough that toolbox is not a problem.

Default Parts!!!

I got the twin stick shafts in from ORD along with the gasket and seal kit for the 205.
    So, T-case coming out this weekend.

I finally got moved into the new shop and making forward progress again!

I pulled the front axle housing and got the Dana Tru-Trac diff with 4:88 gears installed. Swapped the outer stub axles for 35 spline units while installing new u-joints, put Yukon locking hubs on it, high steer arms with tie rod and loaded re-man calipers with new brake pads on new rotors...
    Installed a heavy duty, fabricated diff cover and painted.
    I've still got to put new bushings in the springs and I'm going to remove 1 or 2 leaves from the spring pack before installing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Those are pretty. Looking good.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Default Spring bushings

I got the springs out and found the large end of the spring was forward (1 1/2") with the smaller 1 1/4" eye to the rear (frame attachment). This seems opposite of what I have read on here but...
    I called Energy Suspension and got numbers for bushings. These are poly bushings and will have to be trimmed down in length for the 715 springs.
    Large end - 2004G bushing halves so order 2 per pivot point.
    Small end - 2224G Again, halves so 2 per pivot point.
    With inner sleeves # 15.10.08.39 These fit the bushings but are 3" in length. They do fit the 9/16" mounting bolt.

To got the individual parts I was told to call Diverse Suspension Technologies
    888-406-2330

I haven't been able to get thru to them yet but, Tx ice storms mess up things for us.

You did a good job on the motor and tranny mounts.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I bought poly spring bushings from Energy Duspension. Had to put the bushings on the belt sander to thin the shoulder and cut down the sleeves. While the springs were out, I pulled the center pin, removed the lower and 3rd lesfs then wire wheeled, greased and painted them after reassembling.
    I got the bushings in and front axle is back in the truck.
    Pulled the rear axle so I can truss it.

I know what I'm doing is really irritating to you purest guys but, hey, I'm having fun building this!
    I got the truss welded in on the rear diff!!! Got the rear axle brake lines bent but I need a double flaring tool to finish them.

I can see how building that would be fun. It looks really good too.

However, what are you planning to do with the truck that will require that kind of extra support? Just curious.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    I can see how building that would be fun. It looks really good too.

However, what are you planning to do with the truck that will require that kind of extra support? Just curious.
    Heading to Moab for Easter Jeep rally.
    Then run in some of the Tx. Off road parks.