Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Progress at last!

Quote Originally Posted by TXfirefighter View Post
    Heading to Moab for Easter Jeep rally.
    Then run in some of the Tx. Off road parks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Been kinda side tracked doing pump replacements on a couple of FD brush trucks. I pulled old, worn, single stage pumps and installed new engine/pump units that are 4 stage pumps. These are making 150 psi at idle! And 125 psi while flowing 30 gpm, again, at idle.
    Full throttle, they push 50 gpm @ 380 psi so long hose lines are no longer a problem.
    First pic is completed unit.
    Second is the new pump while in process
    Third is what I started with...

So, I'm going to paint it a tan color but there are bunches of tan's.
    I used a "Camo" on the bed, medium tan on the front fender and a new shade by Rust-oleum on the door.
    What do you guys think?
    I'm leaning to the medium shade on the front fender...

Door or fender, I like both of those. Leaning a little closer to the door color.

The door looks better to me. Is it a flat or semi gloss?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The door and front fender are a gloss right now. I want to use a mat finish or possibly a flat. Those are just what was available in a rattle can.

Another vote for fender here.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Front fender for me.
    Zone holster maker

Ok, so I got side tracked flipping a '68 bronco I stumbled across. It's on to a new owner and I'm back on the 715.
    I got the ZF 4x4 transmission back from the shop with a clean bill of health.
    The illusive Ford NP 203 is still escaping me so, I think I'm going to use the ORD Magnum box. That is a planetary reduction box that goes between the trans and my NP 205.
    The 205 is in parts right now awaiting the rebuild kit.
    Today, i cut 1 1/2" off the feet of the seat mounts. By doing this and making new mounting feet, I am able to lower and relocate the seats rearward. This should give me more leg and head room.
    I'll be fabing the seat mounts later this week to accept the GSS seats.

Not just more leg and head room. Guys like us also need the extra belly room. The M715 steering wheel isn't round. It might look round, but in turns. Some of us get a little rub action going on.

Looks good.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I cut 1 1/2" of height out of the drivers seat the fab'ed new feet that allowed me to mount it 2 1/2" back.
    Slides mounted the seat bolted in.
    For the passenger side, I cut the welds and removed the square tube seat base frame. I added flat stock to the rear of the frame then blasted and painted it before drilling and mounting the slides and seat.
    Both sides are now in place.
    I think I'm really going to like these seats! The now slide fore and aft, recline and have the 5 point seatbelts!