Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Progress at last!

Liking the seat base mod.

I have an old Ford bench seat in mine at the moment but not liking it as much as I thought I would. The raggedy old Mustang buckets I had in it are still bolted to the seat bases and sitting in a corner of the shop.
    I have a set of Lincoln LS seats I was thinking of using but they are kind of bulky underneath, what with all the power stuff under there. After seeing what you did I may revisit the Lincoln seats. Heated leather would be nice in the winter.

OK, So I know you guys like pic's but...
    I finally got some cash freed up and man! have I been wearing out the CC!!!
    ORD - Magnum box. I wanted to build a doubler but I have been unable to find an NP203 for a ford. So, for a little more money I ordered a brand new unit that has a lower ratio.
    American Auto Wiring harness. I ordered the weather resistant unit.
    Champion radiator. I found an exact fit aluminum radiator for $214 What I got is the CC1919 and it has the inlet and outlet in the right place for the Ford 300 I'm running. They have another that has the openings to match the original for the Tornado engine.
    Electric fan
    Body mount bushings from Energy suspension. I finally called them with the sizes and measurements of the originals and they helped me match them up to what they make.
    DOM tubing. 2 joints of 2" X .188 wall and 3 joints of 1 3/4" x .188 wall

I got the fire department holes they drilled in the bed all welded up and dressed up then sprayed the bottom of the bed with bed liner. Still haven't decided if I want to spray the inside of the bed or paint it.

I rebuilt a ZF-5 spd trans that is a married unit and rebuilt the married NP205. Once the magnum box arrives, I'll have to fabricate new cross members and mounts for the married units.

So, as things arrive and I get them assembled, I'll get pic's up.

Sure is fun spending money on a project! Especially after you sell something to be able to afford it.

Sounds like you are going to be busy now that the good working weather is finally here.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Got the ORD Magnum box in today and assembled on the NP205. It will give me 1:1, 1.96:1, 2.72:1, 5.33:1.
    With first gear in the ZF 5 spd and the 4.88:1 gears in the axles it will give me a crawl ratio of 188.3:1!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

WOW!! Great ratio choices...it'll be ready for anywhere!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Working on putting a rear winch cradle under the bed.
    I've got an electric 10K lb winch and it will pay out just under the pintle hitch.

Last edited by TXfirefighter; November 21st, 2018 at 09:57 AM. Reason: easier to read

Transmission with under drive box and transfer case together.

Now I'm building saddles to mount a hydraulic ram on my tubing bender.

Spent ALL morning making saddles just to find I measired wrong... SMH

So, the second time was the charm.
    I got all the drilling, tapping and edges knocked off, the I got the small pieces ready.
    Had to knock off for the evening and take grandchildren duty.

wish me luck... I'm hanging the 205 off the back of the ZF without any support. Mine is a street queen so I hope it survives without ripping off the tail housing.
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

Quote Originally Posted by venominjected View Post
    wish me luck... I'm hanging the 205 off the back of the ZF without any support. Mine is a street queen so I hope it survives without ripping off the tail housing.
    Should support it ok. If your not hard on it that is...