Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HUMMWV wheels

Default HUMMWV wheels

I checked thru earlier posts and did not find the answers I am looking for.
    Will HUMMWV rims bolt up on 8 bolt Chev axles (CUCV)?
    What are guys doing that have swapped axles to the D60/14b CUCV setup?
    I know that stock 715 rims are 6 bolt and require adaptors.

Default HUMMWV wheels

Yes they will. But they have a very deep offset. Like 7" or something. U may need spacers. Like 2".

They will bolt up to the rear, but will be so far off set that they will probably be into the springs.

The wheels will hit on the front calipers and even though you can get them on the studs, they won't go on far enough to tighten up and spin.

At least that is what I found out when test fitting them to a set of CUCV axles that were not on a truck.

Most people recenter those rims with a center section that will bolt up to the M715 axles and with the proper offset.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Default HUMMWV wheels

Oh, the other thing people do is use dually front axle hubs to space them out. Also swap out the rear hubs for either dually hubs or cab and chassis hubs on the 14bolt. But u will have to research that to know for sure.

They wouldn't be my choice. But they have their place and lots of people use them. Especially recentered like Barrman said. There are companies that do it or u can buy the new centers and do your self if you have the means.

What about standard CUCV rims and tires. Obviously they will bolt up n original axles, how will they space out on a M715?

The CUCV 8 lug rims are the same as any other Ford, Dodge or Chevy 8 bolt rim. Nothing special. However, you will have to put 8 lug axles under your 715 to use them. Corporate 14 bolt rear axles require disc brakes installed otherwise they won't fit between the leaf springs.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

As above, my query pertains to doing the CUCV axle swap out.
    If I chose to keep the M715 6 bolt rims, is it a big deal to adapt them to fit GM 8 bolt axles? Does anyone make a ready made adaptor set?

There have been people that used specific Dodge hubs, machined them some and made them fit the stock axles so they have 8 lug bolt patterns. Otherwise, unless you recenter some rims or buy custom. You are stuck with the stock rims.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Marsh Racing is another option too. They can make anything you want with beadlocks too. It may actually be cheaper in the long run rather than recentering and swapping hubs and such.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Thanks Randy. I was thinking of the custom rim makers and kept coming up blank. Marsh and Stockton wheel are the two I know of still in business. Marsh is by far the better value.