Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seat mounts

Blog Entries

Default Seat mounts

Has anyone ever found an off-the-shelf seat mount that will fit the stock seats and mount point that allow the seat to mount further back in the cab? I just need to push the seat back a few inches.

I would think an FSJ mount would work. Especially if it works in a J10.
    Last edited by teking; January 14th, 2019 at 12:46 PM.

I have a hummer seat base with a mastercraft seat and slider. Works great. If you have upgraded to power steering a 13" steering wheel give more room as well. It also lowers the seat about an 1 inch giving more room and better visibility out the side window since you aren't looking at the top frame.

The other option used on a truck I bought was to move the feet on the stock bases around to shift the seat back an inch or two. Cut and reweld.

Default Seat mounts

I put a Grand Wagoneer bench in my truck, and using 1 x 3 rectangular tube I fabbed up simple mounts. Maybe you could do the same.

Mine is a very simple design. I just laid the rectangular tube flat, and marked holes where the seat should sit ( I am 6'4'', so I am in the same boat you are needing the seat to be slammed to the back) and then I marked the tube where the holes were in the cab floor. I drilled the four holes, and for the two that went through to the seats I bored those out to 3/4" or bigger so that I could drop the bolt into the hole and tighten those up with the bolt head up inside the tubing so that it would not protrude and gouge into the cab floor. I then slipped a fender washer under the tube in between the tube and cab floor to float the whole assembly just a touch so that water would not be trapped between the tube and cab floor, and I ran bolts through the tubing and that washer (washer between cab and tube) and I bolted that whole thing down. Works great, and is very, very comfortable now.

Leg room is awesome, seat height is great, visibility is great. Still consistently hit my head on the door frame though...lol. I think they put that in the design for us owners to get some sense knocked into us eventually? I have a note to ask God why they did that.
    Last edited by ColoradoSpringsRob; February 11th, 2019 at 03:33 PM.

Leg room is awesome, seat height is great, visibility is great. Still consistently hit my head on the door frame though...lol. I think they put that in the design for us owners to get some sense knocked into us eventually? I have a note to ask God why they did that.
    one word: Engineers

I used some 4" flat stock that I had around that had 2, 1/2" holes that are spaced at 3". Welded a stud through one hole and then bolted the other end into the original mounting hole. This moved my drivers seat back 3" which made for plenty of room and put the seatback about an inch from the back of the cab.

Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Good idea. In my case, my short legs need the original seat adjustment. (5'7")

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    Good idea. In my case, my short legs need the original seat adjustment. (5'7")
    Same here Don
    I'm 5'6" with short legs, so I actually keep my stock seat slid up toward the front pretty far.

I still bang my head off of the window frame if I jump up into the truck

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdan View Post
    Same here Don
    I'm 5'6" with short legs, so I actually keep my stock seat slid up toward the front pretty far.

I still bang my head off of the window frame if I jump up into the truck
    I thought that I was the only one who banged his head on that bloody (pun intended) window frame!!! Every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    I thought that I was the only one who banged his head on that bloody (pun intended) window frame!!! Every time.
    There is a reason that I keep the top off mine most all of the year!
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    There is a reason that I keep the top off mine most all of the year!
    I don't, my balding head gets sunburned to easily