Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My VIN number

Default My VIN number

I bought my truck about 2 month ago from my friend. I told him not to buy anything without a title but... So here I sit with a nice truck and no title. My intention was to restore it but do to life situations, I just want to enjoy it and don't know which way to go.

Since the VIN plate is the only one missing, it is my belief the title went to another truck. I found the VIN stamped on the frame but don't quite understand it. It appears to be 11008. Is it possible it is a 1967 and can we figure out what month? I need to get or find the picture of it to post.

Can you apply for a lost title?

https://www.bmv.ohio.gov/titles-duplicate.aspx

Not a perfect scenario but when I lost a title for an old CJ years ago... part of the application process was a VIN check against existing titles by the State Police in Indiana.

If the VIN is not used you can get new VIN tag on EBay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F332826221885

Judging by the vin registry at the top of the page, 11008 would have been either an April or May truck. There are a lot of mixed up out of sequence vins from around that time period so it's hard to say exactly which month it would be from. Most likely due to the large amount out of sequence I would guess there were quite a few reworks that had to go back through the line for some sort of correction. This was very early in production and I assume they found something that needed attention during the quality check at the end of the run.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

As an M715 with that low a vin number, yes, it would be a 1967. I believe Beast is dead on with the month range and the reason for it.

Hope you dont have problems getting your paperwork. In the past a few times, I have had motor vehicle departments contact me to verify info for a truck when there isn't enough other sources to do the job. If you need that herp, give them my email:
    brute4c@m715zone.com
    Glad to help if I can.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

To add to this discussion (I hope), my truck came with the VIN tag on the dash missing. The other ones were there of course. I did get a title and it was for a 1969 truck. As you know, the 1969 trucks had a governor. Mind does not.

But here is the twist. Although I have a title for an M715, it clearly had a welder etc. All of the "stuff" was on the frame and dashboard. Probably an M724. It did have a PTO and unfortunately a welded on deuce winch. However... there is no VIN on the right front frame rail. And the VIN is a low number (10467), low mileage.

I am just happy that I have a title and tags.

Mine is 17011 and the date is 10/67. I ordered the plates from ebay and stamped it myself to match the frame numbers because the original was very hard to make out (painted over and scraped off)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got this truck and have no idea who had a title for it. From what I understand from Ohio, I need to request a builders title. I would never had done this except my friend had kind of bought it for me. It was a nightmare to get a title for one of my Willys PU and didn't want to go through that again. I do know where people had used other titles from similar vehicles but I just don't know. I'm thinking builders title.

This truck was a welder truck as well. It did come with a cargo bed and tailgate. I need a lot of advice and parts but can't wait to drive it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OK, here we go again. I closed the wrong tab and lost all that I typed!!!

My truck was an M-724 I am sure. You can look for the welder instructions on the left side of the dashboard. It is riveted on, not a decal.

Under the hood, on the left fender well, near the horn, there would be a governor that had a speedometer looking cable that went back to the welder or something back there.

On the left frame rail, inside, near the gas tank, there should be a solenoid on the brake line to the rear brakes. You hold down the brake pedal, push the Mico Brake button on the dash and the solenoid locked the fluid to the rear brakes, holding the truck similar to a parking brake.

My truck does NOT have a serial number on the right front frame rail. I can't get to the location on the right rear because the South Carolina Farm Bureau put a ball on a huge plate for a goose neck trailer. One day I will cut it off.

I wonder if the M-724 trucks had the SN on the rear frame rail because it could be easily viewed since they were delivered without a bed? M-724 trucks had low serial numbers, maybe being originally pulled aside from the M-715 line? Any thoughts on this?

Check out the link below for the locations of the SN
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well I goofed! My truck is not a welder truck, I was looking at the winch tag on the dash. In my defense it was about a month ago when I had looked at that tag. It is still a Jeep and it fits in with all my other Jeeps and I love it.