Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you really need a Governor?

Yours goes rich huh? Mine goes lean. I am running two of the cheap Fram G-2 inline fuel filter. They are lasting about 70-100 miles before they both start filling up with junk from the fuel tank. something always gets past them. I can tell because I will be driving along at speed and when I let off the throttle to slow down, the exhaust will pop. I know, that should be an indication of rich, but pulling on the choke stops it. Anyway, when it pops while slowing down, it will not idle when I do stop. It also will not drive slow at all unless I apply full throttle. It still runs at speed perfect though. I just pull off the carb, replace both fuel filters, take the float bowl off, blow it out with air or B-12 Chemtool and put it back together again. I'm good until the crud builds up again. I have yet to see anything in the needle/seat area or the bowl, but it will run perfect only after I do all of the above. Just pulling the needle and seat out will not fix it.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

2. Default

I have issue with the accelerator pedal set-up,first I thought that someone had rigged it (Not you Doug!) and then I looked at the manuals and it's stock.Very grabby and uneven. I come from more of a Muscle Car/Hot Rod background so this Military technology is gonna take some getting used to. I see alot in the designs of things on the truck that would make it easy to fix anywhere,which makes sense in an odd way.
    I dig this vehicle!
    1969 M715

barrman some time when you have time take you tank down to you local radiator shop and have them dip it and coat it and it will seal the rust and get rid of the crud had to do this to about 5 or six motorcycle tanks and they worked perfectly ever since just a suggestion us it if ya want but i tell you this much it is alot easier to do that once then to have to clean the filters a bunch of times. btw it unually costs around twenty or thirty bucks for this to be done. deoending on rust and time consumed cleaning it.
    -brad
    '86 & '98 Ram 4x4's