Thread: Dual PTO'S - 6217

Default Dual PTO'S - 6217

I just won a 726? over at the OK Forestry auction, already converted to a V6 and power steering! It started out life as a 6217 contact maint. truck, it now has a cut on standard bed. After a little tinkering it started right up, the power steering does some squealing near the stops but other than that a pretty fair little truck. I was bleeding the brakes and noticed the pto setup, I had assumed it has a pto with two shafts front and rear but the way it is set up is a pto on the transmission for the front winch and a pto on the transfer case for the genset/welder that was in the maint. box! Now I am thinking what I can do with that rear facing pto, rear winch, hydraulic pump?
    James
    Attached Images Attached Images

My 6217 that was converted from a m715 (not a m724) has twin pto's. One on the T98 for the winch and the other on the NP205 for the genset/welder. Yours is probably similar.

Think what you could do with a NV4500/NP203/NP205. NV4500 has both left and right pto ports with a single pto port on 203 and another on the 205. Combine that with the twin-stick 203/205 (3 sticks) and you would have 8 levers in the cab (1 nv4500, 4 pto, 1 203 and 2 np205). You would need a special license just to get in the door.

Default No Room

Where would you put your feet? You know I have three of these and this is the first time the double pto's has made an impression. I am spending too much time with the big trucks!
    James

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    You would need a special license just to get in the door.
    That's just funny.

A truck with an NP205 is a score anyway you slice it......
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Congrats on the truck. I don't want to hi-jack the thread, but while you're on the subject of contact maintenance trucks- my truck has an NP205 as well, with a pto. I'm pretty sure the pto isn't original. The data plate says Ramsey Winch Co and it has a sprocket on the output shaft. The po gave me an uninstalled winch (MU2 I think) along with the truck. The selector for the pto says Generator-Welder, there is a data plate on the dash with Generator-Welder instructions, and there is a switch by the passenger seat that says "Governor engaged, do not engage while driving," or somehting like that. The data plate with the serial number lists the truck as an M715. So was this a contact maintenance truck at one time? What did the governor do? Adjust engine rpm when the welder was being used?
    Wir müssen Leben bis wir sterben

So was this a contact maintenance truck at one time?
    yes.

What did the governor do? Adjust engine rpm when the welder was being used?
    yes.

Early 6217's were made using the M724 cab/chassis. Later 6217's were built using the M715 as the base. All the later models I have seen have the np205 tcase.

Thank you.
    Wir müssen Leben bis wir sterben

Rump, when you come down for the motor, we'll discuss my plans for #37 (it'll have a rear PTO as well)