Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Finally got her on the road!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Finally got her on the road!

Well, I finished cleaning up the wiring, installed a keyswitch, fuse panel, hummer tail lights. Fired her up and went for a spin with my son and neighbor. This is the 1st ride since I bought it back December, other than driving it off of the trailer.

All I can say, is wow, that was fun! I had the soft top off and even though it is only in the 40's it was plenty warm for a trip around town.
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Thats awesome. Get some pics up

I dont have any road pictures, but here are a couple of cleaning up and updating some of the wiring:

Thanks, George

For mid February, today wasn't bad at all. I live in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago, and I'm happy to see the snow starting to melt away. Not a bad day to test drive your truck. Glad it worked out for you.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Sweet I love seeing progress. That turn signal assembly looks brand new

Yea, its the universal truck signal. I didnt have enough wires on my original to make it work
    Thanks, George

Good idea!!! That's how I'm planning to build my hard top some day. its amazing how many things you can build with fiberglass. Good job dude, can't wait to see the finished product

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Looking good georg. By the way how was your deer seasion?

Thanks guys.

Gun deer season was good in that my son took a nice deer. This is his second, and the big smile is still priceless. I got down from my stand and helped him track it. It didnt go far.

I didnt shoot anything, but it wasnt from a lack of opportunity. With my son tagging one I dont mind being a little selective. I let quite a few pass, (some small) to prolong the season.

This last year was the busiest year at work, and the first year in over 10 that I haven't bow hunted. I never got the time to practice this year, and despite the flingarrows name, I wont hunt unprepared to make a good shot. It was a bummer sitting out bow season, but I did get the truck running.
    Thanks, George

Sounds like a great season to me. Iv not hunted the last 2 years only taking my daughter. Says a lot for a guy that would ask for a lay off in Oct and stay off tell broke or season went out. Same problem to busy at work not enough time to scout. She missed a doe( excited) but iv never been more proud when she watched a very nice 135+ buck walk wating on a good shot. Planing on doing some early bow this season. Freezer filling but mainly scouting for her. If she dose well maybe then I will hit it hard?