Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want photo

Default Want photo

Of the rear bumperets. Do they have a cut out for the shackles?

Jester Guest

Look at page 205 of the parts manual. Link to the manuals at the top of the page.

That manual isnt online...at prsent unless you download the whole manual...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

OK, No holes in the bumperetes for the shackle. How do you use the shackle? I guess hook a chain to it from under and behind the bumperete? that would make chain come up against bumperette when pulling. Would that bend it?
    L.D.

Are you trying to tow from the rear? That isnt something intended.

You can tow from the front...short distances with the front wheels down...long distances with the front wheels up.

Those big U's are towing/lifting shackles. They can be pinned to the hubs on the end of the axles in order to pick up the truck with a crane and put it on a ship or railcar.

They can also be used either on the frame ends or on the axle ends to tie the truck down...fig 4-1 of chapter 4 of the -20 manual shows the front and rear frame positions for the shackles being used for tie down points for a rail car.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Thanks, my bad. I thought that they were convenient points to hook to to pull or be pulled.
    If stuck and I need pulled out from rear or rear OR I needed to pull someone out then those are not to be used? What should I tie to to pull or get pulled?

Well, there is that little pintle on the rear that is good for a pull or two - it is the trailer hitch after all.

Good point...and its rated at 18,000 lbs...way over the trucks weight...

Does your truck still have the pintle on it?

No, my pintle is gone. I can get one and that will take care of back. What about a pulling point from the front?

If you put the front U shackles on so that they hang through the front bumper, you can tow without hurting the bumper...that is how the towbar hooks up.