Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Finally got her on the road!

I try to do little bites myself. I have had a tendency to bite off more than I can chew in the past.

I also get distracted quickly.

I've got a 6.2 that I am planning on swapping in. I decided I would get it on my engine stand and fire it up to hear it run before I go through the trouble of extracting the old 305 gasser.

While it is on the stand I decided I might as well pull the pan and check the webs before I filled it full of new oil.

That led to degreasing and sanding down the oil pan and giving it a coat of paint.

Then the valve covers looked out of place because they didn't match...

Now I'm thinking I may as well wait until I get some tires from George before I pull the old engine because I want to drive my truck to see if it still vibrates at 48 MPH once I have some better tires.

Eventually I may be done too.?!

I'm with you bro. I'm the king of getting side tracked while working on something. You see something else that you should do "while you are at it".

I dont have any vibrations at my top end of 43-45mph

Hopefully you guys dont get a big dump of snow tomorrow. So far, along I-80, it has been little snow, but lots of wind
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

I'm also hoping for no snow for the weekend.

George, do you have a tachometer on your diesel?

According to the RPM calculator spreadsheet I have I should have a top speed of 46 MPH at 2500 RPM with 36 inch tires. As I understand it 2500 RPM is a safe RPM upper limit for the 6.2. It can turn faster but doesn't live long above that.

I don't have a diesel tach and was starting to think I should figure out what my max speed will be in each gear once I get that diesel in.

No tach Paul, but used the same type of calculator and speed limit reasoning. My speedo is off because I'm using the chevy drivetrain, but the axles that I'm putting in is from the truck that the trans and xfer case are out of. I used gps to clock my speed
    Thanks, George

Rear axle in place. A little painting, then bolt everything down

Thanks, George

Looking good.

You'll be back on the road before you know it.

Did you do hydro-boost brakes? Do you have any pictures of that?

I have this pic from a few pages back, but can take a few more tomorrow or Friday
    Quote Originally Posted by Flingarrows View Post
    Hydroboost mounted and plumbed. I may get some time tomorrow afternoon to bench bleed the MC, and run new lines

Thanks, George

Thanks. I did see that one. I guess I was hoping to see what MC was used as well as how the power steering pump is plumbed. But after re-reading I'm wondering if you actually put a power steering box in?

No box, just HB and the pump. PS later on though
    Thanks, George

Looking good. Did you make the pinion guard or did you purchase it somewhere?