Thread: NV4500 Price

Default military vehicles id site

I was just wondering what people thought a good price for a NV 4500 was in "was running fine when removed from truck" like you see on a lot of e-bay descriptions.

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff,
    It depends on what comes with it. As I'm sure you have figured out. The NV4500 is much saught after. Most internet and E-Bay searches can find you one used for around $1,000. That will be about half of your total cost. The NV4500 from sometime in '94 and up will bolt up to either the Dodge or Chevy bell housing. Those bellhousings are for the NV4500 only. The pre-'94 Chevys had their own bellhousing that only fit it also. All NV4500's came with hydrolic clutches. Once you find one for the 'right' price, you will need a bellhousing, clutch linkage, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate and mount. Advanced Adaptors will sell you the bellhousing, clutch linkage and mount for a little over $800. The stock Chevy slave cylinder is on the passenger side and big, possible front drive shaft problems. You also need to figure out how much you are willing to pay for the 6.30, I think, first gear found in the 92-94 Chevy models compared to the 5.?? after that in all NV4500's.

I am not trying to discourage you from your search. I found a '94 Chevy 1 ton with a rod sticking out of the 6.5 block. The guy had just gotten the NV4500 replaced with a 2001 factory new one. I bought and pulled myself the trans, bellhousing, clutch assembly, clutch master cylinder, line, slave cylinder, mount and crossmember. I then less than a week later, after thinking I had found the deal of a lifetime, while walking through a junk yard found another one for a lot less money. I has a bad input shaft, bearing and bearing retainer housing. About $100-$200 worth from JB Conversions. But I still have to bolt it to an engine. That will cost me more than the trans.

If you find something in your price range. Get the rest of the setup with it. Be patient also, I looked and looked and waited for more than two years before I found two in less than a week. Find out who has the contract to haul away wrecked and abandoned vehicles from the highway in your county. They might let you have a complete wrecked truck for the cost of the tow. Good luck and if you have any move questions post it or PM me.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Tim: it's cheaper if you bolt it to a BBC hahah..

Wildin: if you get the Dodge deal, and want to use it w/GM t-case, you have to swap mainshafts.. or maybe just the tailshaft... can't remember, one of them. Also, the Dodge has a lower 1st than the GM, if that matters to you. I like the NV4500 and am considering getting one. $1500 is a good price for one in good shape. Your mileage may vary.
    **I heart Bump_r **

i bought 2 rebuildable ones and a incomplete one for 700 from the turbodiesel registry site.

, good hunting!
    **I heart Bump_r **

Tacoma,
    I am going to bolt it to a BBC. I have it sitting on my shelf just waiting for the 396 to be done. I even went outside last night after the above post was made to look at them again.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

sweet, that's going to rock... I always wanted OD for my 396'd work truck... oh well..
    **I heart Bump_r **

I gave $350 for mine and it needs only the input shaft and bearing. it was out of a 99 chev. 1 ton. I bought it as a core at work so it needs a shifter and rear yoke. its going down in a 715 with a 700 to 800 ci bbc and maybe hemi heads.
    in the April 2004 super chevy mag, Sonny Leonard builds the first chevy hemi. over 1200 hp at less than 8000 rpms. his wedge motors run around $80,000 so an 815 ci hemi would have to run more. Sweet motor for a tricked out 715.
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

i got my shifter for 80 dollars, im not at home, but if you have not sourced one and you are interested ill try and find you the link

I need a shifter for my rebuild one. If you can find the link, I will put it to use. Thanks