Thread: How many ppl run straight pipes on their m715s

Default How many ppl run straight pipes on their m715s

Does anyone run straight pipes on their m715 with the 230 tornado i6???
    how does it sound? is it harmful to the engine?
    Last edited by mbommar; May 9th, 2007 at 08:58 PM.

I run a Purple Hornie (glass pack) on my 715 with the stock 230. I love the sound.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

I had a mufler go bad and was pretty much straight pipe to there...it was way too loud...

just last week my muffler fell off the rotted head pipe so i stuck a 30" piece of flex pipe on to connect with the remnants of the stock pipe. its not overly loud but it sure sounds cool when ya double clutch it shifting

When I got mine the exhaust was broken off under the cab. But having to drive it I got in and went for a short ride.
    WAYto loud.
    Redneck1
    Tree, WHAT Tree officer?

Mine had a glass pack with a big rock hole in it and the pipe ahead of it looked like Lorraine swiss cheese. I replaced the pipe and put on a new glass pack and it sounds fine to me.

Right now my truck has a straight pipe that ends just after the cab. It is way to loud for everyday use. My truck will be getting a muffler in the next few weeks, but with a cutout so that I can still be loud when I want to.
    It's no little problem.

My exhaust pipe had rusted through where it attaches to the flange just prior to the muffler. I figure about 60% made it through the muffler (which was full of rust holes). Plenty loud. I replaced the entire exhaust and installed a new muffler. The truck is actually quiet now- almost too quiet.