Thread: warn overdrive

Default warn overdrive

Found a warn o/d unit near me for a spicer 18 T-case. Could this be adapted to the 715? I haven't seen it in person to know condition or spline count.

Did some searching, looks like a no-go. Anyone been looking for one?

You mean a Dana 18 transfer case? I don't think the Dana 18 is a very stout x-fer case. From what I've gathered it was mainly found in the "smaller" size Jeeps and I just don't know how well it would hold up in a 715.

Check this link out for some good info. Call the guy up if you would like to, really great guy who is very knowledgable regarding these overdrives.

www.hermtheoverdriveguy.com

EDIT: I see you found out more about it.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

Yup, thats one of the sites I looked at.

Chris one of my friends has grenaded a Warn/saturn OD three times. This is in a CJ. Granted he has a 300 HP 350 and uses it, but the weight of the M715 would kill one of these units fast. I have the new saturn version (in the CJ) and don't use it off-road unless it's gravel. After a couple years they need to be taken out and examined for thrust washer wear on the worm gears. Overkill is always good and this OD unit is not suited for the weights we push.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

IN CJ's or Willies with either the stock 4 Banger or 225 V6 the Overdrive is perfect and definately the way to go!