Thread: Site upgrade

Default Site upgrade

Well, the time is almost here for a big update to the site. We currently run version 3.8.9 of Vbulletin...we are going to upgrade to version 4.2.5 in the near future. Teking has been working behind the scenes to upgrade and test and patch and a lot more, to get us ready to do this...and theres more to come...after this upgrade, which will be big, there will be an upgrade to version 5...that will be a huge update compared to this one.
    I dont have a clue how many hours teking has on this already...and dealing with several other things that have cropped us at the same time because our current setup is really old and starting to fail...as many know with our image links and such. He has some serious skills in this stuff, no way it could be done without him!!!

We are currently looking the the 19th of this month as the date to go live with version 4.2.5 which means we will have to take the site off line for a while, set everything in place and make sure its working ok, then open the doors to everyone. Your accounts should all stay the same and all the data in the forums and such should all be there, just with a new look...heres a screen shot of the forums homepage as a preview:

Stay tuned!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Blog Entries

We also have this version of the header. I've tried to get rid of the large white boxes at the top of the screen. The images now have transparent backgrounds. The flag is a waving gif ..... it moves. You can see it by going to http://m715zone.com/vbtom . You will not be able to log in but you can see the header, footer and site buttons.

If you click on "The M715zone Library" you will find that all the docs that used to be across the top of the page in links are now in an integrated drop-down menu. There are other new features like Blogs & Articles.

Last edited by teking; March 8th, 2022 at 10:19 AM.

Thank you Tom and Jon for doing this. Thank you Jon for all these years of keeping this site going. Many years there. And Tom for moving us forward. This site is important to me. I appreciate it being here. When I find an old zone flag or a Tee shirt from days long past, I am grateful for the memories. And the dusty souvenirs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
    Thank you Tom and Jon for doing this. Thank you Jon for all these years of keeping this site going. Many years there. And Tom for moving us forward. This site is important to me. I appreciate it being here. When I find an old zone flag or a Tee shirt from days long past, I am grateful for the memories. And the dusty souvenirs.
    I know what you mean. I looked and I joined just one week after you did in Jan 2004. Can't believe it's been that long.

Where did the time go? Are we all old farts now?