Thread: Post counts

Default Post counts

How many posts does one need to make in the tech forms to move up in rank? On some of the other MV groups that I'm on I've got about the same number of post and one group I'm a SGM and the other a SGT. Maybe you all could lower them a bit to give folks a feeling of accomplishment for their posts.
    Zone holster maker

What the heck no replys from the masters of the list?
    Zone holster maker

The post count numbers are set very high because we dont want to have to redo them for a long time and we dont want everyone at max rank in a couple years or less.

What the numbers and ranks are, I'd rather no say...post count is, to me, a byproduct of board actvity not a focal point.

If that is how you feel about post counts then why have them at all? To me it would make more sense to not have them and let people post at will then having them like a carrot on a stick.
    Zone holster maker

I guess I dont understand....to me its a background thing....its just a counter of how many times a person has posted. Sometimes it is helpful in the sense that if someone has posted alot then maybe they know their stuff...though many members who very infrequently post are very sharp and know way more than I do...Blueman2a and WetCJ come to mind right off. If ones looks through my posts many of them are "nice truck" or the "no sweat" replies after something is posted or other such drivel...probably over half my post count.
    I think others view it as some kind of status symbol...maybe thats wrong, I dont know.

What do you think the point of post counts are?

some guys like me who dont have a mind anymore are just full of bs so most of our posting doesnt count anymore.
    Im joking about it but I used to have an IQ of 176 (average of 3 tests, they thought I was cheating) and after my ex poisoned me and my oldest daughter, My short term memory was basically gone and had to learn to retrain myself to reestablish my retaining abilities. I also lost my photographic memory and for some reason I still cant find anyone who will test my daughters hair and mine for the poison plus my pug she killed.
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

I think post counts are good to see who is active on the list and who isn't. I don't think the ranks and ranking should be there unless your going to make it something that one can increase with out too much difficualty. Since post counts on BS, family, and looks like here don't count I think that if your going to have the ranking system then I would think that it should move more quickly than it does.
    Zone holster maker