Thread: M725 paint options

Default M725 paint options

Hello, this is my first post but have been looking on here for quite sometime, my question is I am currently painting my m725 back to 24087 od green, but wanting to do a navy seebee build, would 24087 be correct for some U.S. Navy and Air Force trucks of the time? and lastly does anyone have any evidence or photos of original m725 air force or navy trucks? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M7251969 View Post
    Hello, this is my first post but have been looking on here for quite sometime, my question is I am currently painting my m725 back to 24087 od green, but wanting to do a navy seebee build, would 24087 be correct for some U.S. Navy and Air Force trucks of the time? and lastly does anyone have any evidence or photos of original m725 air force or navy trucks? Thanks
    There is a lot a variables to that question, it also depends on weather the unit was in a combat unit or not and what time frame you want to represent. For SeaBee's the colors would be standard navy haze grey or if it was in a combat theater it would have been green. In the 60's it would have been Forest Green #24052 semi-gloss and after 1970 lusterless Forest Green #34079. For Air Force it could be Strata Blue #15045 or if in a combat theater it would have also been Forest Green #24052 and again after 1970 it would been Forest Green #34079.

Now the next part, I have never seen an original picture of a M725 in any markings other than the Army, but that doesn't mean that they are not out there. Just that if they did transfer to other branches, they were if far less numbers than what the Army operated. The Air Force and Navy really had no need for a combat capable field ambulances like the Army since most of their operation where on or around bases which usually used civilian ambulances.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Welcome.

I work with a former SeeBee who was in from 1978-1984. He says none of the trucks they used in the SeeBees was grey. He is looking for pictures for me because I was actually thinking of doing a SeeBee emblem on the door of one of my trucks. (My dad was in the Navy so I'd be doing it in his honor.) He also has a stencil for me to use. He says my truck was called a "Weps" by the SeeBees.

He actually jokes with me that I spent more time aboard ship than he did. I was in the Marines. The worst part about it is he is right. I did spend more time aboard ship. He never went out to see aboard a ship. I spent about a month total (as cargo).

I have not seen Air Force M725's. Only M715's. Some in OD, some in 3 or 4 part camouflage.

I have seen Navy M715's, M725's and M726's.

All were OD. Standard USN door markings, plus on the ambulance, markings above the doors on the rear.

Seabees emblem under the mirrors on the doors on the M715's and M726's, and under the markings on the doors of the M725's.

Standard red/white crosses on sides and rear doors like Army M725's.

If you want, I can upload some pics to photobucket and get them downloaded here.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Please do upload the pictures.

Would love to see pics.
    Jonnie