Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VPW

I have always had excellent service from VPW. I called Vintage Power Wagons on Thursday. I have a list of small items I wanted prices for so that I can plan my money to be able to buy them in the near future. I have done this before with them and never had a problem. I got some guy on the phone that I have never dealt with before. He told me I needed part numbers, because he could not give me prices without them. He was referring to the '1167' prefix number I think. I told him I had no access to those numbers. He gave me one of those 'why are you bothering me' sighs and asked for a description of each part. I gave him a description of the windshield stand cover/bumper/cloth protector, the thing that I call the windshield bumper. He took more than 5 minutes to tell me that they were out, didn't know when they would have more and that they were at least $12.00 for each little 6 inch strip of canvas. I told him I would maybe call back some other time and hung up.

I am not trying to pick on VPW. As I said, I have always had good service and relations with them. I gave them an easy one first. Jon has posted several times about how they have a roll of the stuff I was looking for and that they just cut off what length you need. Obviously, they have some new employees.

Is this a fluke, or have other people had this kind of experience with them?

or

Am I being unreasonable in expecting a business that deals with 30+ year old equipment exclusively to know these vehicles inside and out?

Thanks.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Default what does it take to put a ford 390 in a 715

had the exact same thing happen several times. i was told i needed to buy a parts book. i asked how much and he said they were out??? WTF?
    i called back a few weeks later and asked if they had parts books yet and they said they never had them and i didnt need one? WTF?

I ordered a tie rod end from them on wednesday and when i recieved it i learned that the previous ownner had switched them left to right so the one of the left side that needed to be replaced was actually a right side one so i order a second on friday. no one asked for part numbers but when i ordered friday the guy said it wouldnt be shipped until mid week next week because there were 2 to 3 orders ahead of me to be shipped out. So my only complaint about them is that it takes 5 days to put a tie rod end in a box and put an address on it if they have more than one order at a time. I almost blew up at the guy because i need that part as soon as possible because its the one thing that is holding me up from driving my truck with its brand new 350 that was just put in and that i havent been able to drive with it yet.

They keep on screwing up my shipping address with my billing address. That es me off, because then I have to make a special trip to pick up parts... They have done this twice.

The owner of VPW did some time for defrauding the governement...Some deal about DRMO...I don't know the whole story but I don know he spent some time in the joint over it....So decide what you will.
    Zone holster maker

I have a book with part #s ordinance and oem. I will be glad to look up anything for you if they are gonna be wankers.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveA.
    I have a book with part #s ordinance and oem. I will be glad to look up anything for you if they are gonna be wankers.
    Dave - any way to scan that book and get it out electronically? I would be willing to do that, if someone would loan me the book.

rich

I always try to talk to Steve, he's a real help. Some of the "new" guys I've dealt with recently are no prize. Shipping sucks as it takes 7-10 days to get something, although one time they did get it out the same day since I specifically asked them to get it out that day.

If I need something in a hurry, I pay the premium and go with Memphis equipment.

Default Found the correct radiator

Quote Originally Posted by k8icu
    decide what you will.
    I already have. I had a little-bitty gripe about this company when the first got into the M715 game and decided to put my business elsewhere. After seeing that my experience was not a fluke, I stand by that early decision.

Thanks for the posts, guys.

I'll be hanged! Tom, it NOT just you! We all get a hosing now and again (you are still the uncontested king, of course).

I have nothing to say about VPW since I never dealt with them, but after requesting a catalog several times, I keep buying from AB Linn.