Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lift Springs

Default Lift Springs

I was reading in 4 Wheel and Off Road's Ultimate Adventure where PCS Motorsports ran their modified M715. The specs on the truck says they ran Waggoneer lift leaf springs. The truck was lifted enough to run 42 inch tires. I e/mailed PCS, but did not receive a reply. I guess I need to call.

Anyway, does anyone know if the lift kits for the Waggoneer/J-10-J-20 fit our trucks? I want to lift mine, but I do not want to do a spring over. I don''t care f the springs have a lighter rating. I would think it would help the suspension articulate better and might soften the ride.

Anyone know if these will fit?

The civvy springs are totally different in length and mounting...they dont interchange without new spring mounts being put in and the old stuff cut off...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Thanks for the help. I could not find specs for the civvy springs on line.

I think there was a write up in JP on their M715 about using Wagoneer springs and how they had to refab because the springs didn't match. This was over 5 years ago at least, IIRC.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

I have a vague recollection on that too Gonz...now that you mention it...

I know we had a member some years ago who listed out all the diferences and even the spring rates for all the civy FSJ stuff and then the M715 stuff to contrast...dont know if that info is in the archives but I remember it being very thorough.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

63-75 Wagoneer and 63-75 Gladiator/J-Truck 52" (all Wag, all trucks except 132" WB) rear springs will fit M715's with minor work. The front spring eye bushing for M715's is 1", as are 70ish + trucks, and the M715 rear spring eye bushing is ? (I don't remember) but it is bigger then any Wag. or Truck since M715's used sleeves over thier shackle bolts. So all you would need to do is run 70ish + truck bushings (and regular 9/16" shackle bolts) in either Wagoneer or Truck rear springs. Both BJ's off road and Hell Creek have at least 4" lift springs available.

I know this because I'm running M715 springs on my 71 J2000. All I had to do to make them fit was make a press fit bronze bushing for the rear spring eye.
    1963 J300/1971 J2000/1983 J10

Wow...people have said that the eye to eye measures are way off and so they dont even come close...that much I do remember...the fronts being the more problematic ones...

Well...now its a new day.

The 132" wheel base trucks from 68-73m and all 76+ FSJ's are different. 57" eye to eye with the pin offset forward 5".

The years I mentioned in my above post are 52" eye to eye with a centered pin, 26" from pin to eye (front and rear) just like the M715's.

Civilian front springs are different though for all years AFAIK. Certainly on teh trucks, or I'd be running M715 springs there as well.

Here are BJ's springs, you can buy them seperately.

For some reason I can't right click to copy the link for luft kits, but here is the link to thier suspension section. They don't list the early springs seperately, but have mentioned in the past they sell them that way.

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/cartgenie/...sp?category=14
    1963 J300/1971 J2000/1983 J10

Thats great tech...thank you very much!!!

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserman View Post
    The 132" wheel base trucks from 68-73m and all 76+ FSJ's are different. 57" eye to eye with the pin offset forward 5".

The years I mentioned in my above post are 52" eye to eye with a centered pin, 26" from pin to eye (front and rear) just like the M715's.

Civilian front springs are different though for all years AFAIK. Certainly on teh trucks, or I'd be running M715 springs there as well.

Here are BJ's springs, you can buy them seperately.

For some reason I can't right click to copy the link for luft kits, but here is the link to thier suspension section. They don't list the early springs seperately, but have mentioned in the past they sell them that way.

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/cartgenie/...sp?category=14
    So you could use Wagoneer rear springs on all four corners on the M715? What size lift spring would equal the stock spring in height? Would like to look into this to soften the ride.