Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NP200 Condensation

I am pretty sure he did both of those as well...if I got it right, he uses the 140W-250 shockproof redline lube...heavy duty!
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Why not pipe the fill and drain together, except install a resevoir or trans cooler in the middle of the tubing. Heat would cause gravity flow( circulation).
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

The condensation theory makes a great deal of sense, but why doesn't the same phenomenom happen to the tranny???

Now thats thinking outside the box....the tcase box that is...good point...
    I wish I could work on the truck right now cause I would like to put the cooler idea on there with one of those fan on the cooler types...and see what would happen trying to drive it to the FE...would be interesting to me at least...would take the towbar along anyway just to be safe...
    I'm also thinking of riding some in the truck on the way down...if I can bring it... NECK!!...and watching the temp gauge on the tcase just to see if it gets any kinda heat going just rolling along...
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

I was reading a book the other day about Carrol Shelby and his Cobra's. It mentioned that the Cobra's sometimes ran in two different races in two different classes the same day. The only difference between the stock and unlimited sports car class being the rear end oil cooler. They just unhooked it, plugged the lines and ran the car in the stock class. They would then hook it back up to run the unlimited class. It didn't go into details or show pictures. How would a rear gear cooler be different from a t-case cooler? Also, how did it circulate the fluid?
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Default Inactive Post Deletion

Heat rises, that is the principle of my idea. Not sure on thiers. Don't know if mine would work, but any other option would require a pump. The expense of the pump would negate the whole idea as you might as well get the 205 and be done with it.

Gravity heat systems were used to heat buildings for decades. A boiler in the basement would heat the water, it would naturally rise to the upper floors and the water that cooled down would fall down the return lines back to the boiler. Supply leaves the top of the boiler, return enters the bottom.

So for a cooler to be sucessful....hopefully...does it need to have its intake port plumbed to the upper, fill port, on the tcase AND be higher than that port also? So the bottom port of the tcase would need to be plumbed to the lower port of the cooler and does it matter where the coolers lower port is in regard to the tcases bottom port?
    What about air in the system...if the cooler is higher than the tcase fluid level, would something air lock like the stupid heater core on the van likes to?
    brute4c

Inlet of the cooler would have to be level with the fill of the t-case. I would install a tee facing up in this location so that you could slightly over fill the case insuring that that system wouldn't air lock. The horizontal line at that location would be the highest point of the system. I would install the cooler in a manner that would allow downhill flow to the bottom of the case.

Another option would be to install a fliud to fluid heat exchanger at this location and cool the t-case with engine coolant.

Surely I could find some cutoff switches for inline...thinking one on the tcase filler hole and one on the drain hole, then a straight pipe on the fill hole to the cooler with a tee fitting and another cut off in that line...and a tee fitting and cutoff in the lower line...that way, on the upper line, the cutoff switch on the fill port could be closed for when the cooler is being removed, serves as the fill plug, then with a tee in the upper line and a 2nd cutoff, the top of the tee pointing upward would be the fill location...highest point...and the cutoff after the tee and before the cooler would allow only the fluid from the fist cutoff through the new filling tee to be 'loseable' when removing...on the bottom, cutoff in drain hole then a tee then another cutoff and then hose to cooler...the tee here would allow use of a tcase temp gauge on one end and the cutoof and hose mount on the other and give the lowest profile under the truck...a tee with the cutoff in it would be ideal...dont know if such a thing exists yet...without the gauge, an elbow could be used instead of a tee down there. With the 2nd cutoff on the bottom, the only fluid loss there would be from the cutoff in the drain port through the tee fitting to the next cutoff...wouldnt have to worry about the cooler draining out on removal...seems it would be neater and quicker to remove...like drive somewhere by road with the cooler on and stop for 15 minutes and remove it so you can wheel without the stuff sticking down to get snagged on...then would go back on pretty easy afterward too...
    Does this make sense?
    brute4c

Yep, I followed it, had the same thoughts myself. Tee fitting with cutoffs in them are available, but pricey. What about hydraulic quick connects? That would rock.