Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirrors and Arms

Wink Mirrors and Arms

Mods, feel free to move this post if this isn't in the correct forum. I am working on my mirrors and mirror arms. I would like someone with a factory setup to post a picture or two of the drivers side and passenger side please. My truck didn't have mirror arms or mirrors when I got it. I bought a rather expensive set of factory mirror arms and mirrors from a fellow member. The arms have chrome clamps on them and look like they were made in china. These will not work, one bump against them from anything and they will be bent. Plus they are so flimsy they will surely vibrate going down the road. I have a mirror arm off of a truck I saw at Boyce Equipment. Not sure if it is stock or M 35. I can fab something much better than what I bought, but would like to see stock pictures and any modified but similiar to stock. All your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Todd, I have some correct mirror arms That Doug gave me at the 04 KY FE. I can send a picture or show you next time you are down. And there is no chrome either...LOL Original my butt. You should get your money back. Especially if it was over priced like I'm willing to bet it was.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Todd, Here a few pics. Hope they help, they may be a little hard to see but my garage is kinda dark-after dark.HAHA

Would a bead blaster peel off the chrome so you could just paint them?

Yes, I can get paint to stick. Just figured out how to mount them. Thank You very much for the pics. I am missing the part that goes between the two pieces bolted to the door. The part the mirror arm itself bolts to. Anyone have a couple extra?

Hi fng, My name is Tony Fisher, my brother Travis and I have recently become the proud owners of a 1968 M715 and are missing both drivers side and passenger side mirrors. If you know where we could pick up some stock mirrors, any information would be greatly appreciated. Tony Fisher.

I may be going a bit off topic, but it always mistified me that by the time the M715 came out the army understood the importance of visible mirrors why they didn't go with a tri-pod type mirror arm instead of a single stick?
    Zone holster maker

You my friend obviously dont work for the government.

Tri-pod mirrors can't be readily and quickly tucked close against the body the way a single arm can be. Important to do for woodsy trail-riding....

And Toma, he's a Lt. Col., so he ought to know how things work in gubmint. Or even worse, the military!
    -- Tim Taylor

Military mirrors show up on E-Bay all the time. VPW, AB Linn, Memphis, Saturn and Front line either have new ones or probaby know where some are. Same for the arms. The problem with the M715 is the 4 little agle iron looking parts that bolt the arms to the door. They are a Jeep only item. Old FSJ Wagoneers and J-trucks had them, so an old junk yard just might be the ticket.

NAPA also carries an exact copy of the stock mirror, but it is stainless so it will need to be painted.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw