Thread: T-case shifter lever brackets

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Default T-case shifter lever brackets

I am swapping in a Chevy BB and a Turbo 400 in my 67 M, and wondered about the Transfer case lever brackets.

Since my M came with no motor or trans and the levers were just hanging, my question is:

Does this assembly bolt to the transmission case? If so, then has anyone done a fab of brackets to bolt to a TH tranny? It shouldn't be too hard to do, but if there is a somewhat bolt-on arrangement, or something that requires less modding, I'm all for it. Just trying to get my parts pile together for the swap......

There should be a triangle shaped plate all 3 levers are bolted to. If you have that, then you just need to tie it into the 2 verticle transmission/engine bellhousing bolts. Most people use anle iron ground to the shap of the bell for the bolts and weld something to connect to the triangle plate.

I used angle iron bolted to the top of the NV4500 with the angle facing down to bolt the triangle plate to.

If you don't have the plate, then you can make what ever you want. My suggestion is to bungie cord the 3 levers to the hand hold above the glove box door until you get the engine in. Once the engine is all bolted in, look at the levers and where they need to be from the top and bottom. I thought this was going to be a major pain on mine. I might have spent 20 minutes on it once I actually got around to looking at it. Compared to the engine and transmission mounts you need to finish before you do this, it will be easy.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Oh, the manual has a little picture/drawing of how they are supposed to be mounted, but Jon has a great set of 3 pictures that I foolishly didn't save the last time he posted them. Hopefully, he will post those up in a day or two.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    There should be a triangle shaped plate all 3 levers are bolted to. If you have that, then you just need to tie it into the 2 verticle transmission/engine bellhousing bolts. Most people use anle iron ground to the shap of the bell for the bolts and weld something to connect to the triangle plate.

I used angle iron bolted to the top of the NV4500 with the angle facing down to bolt the triangle plate to.

If you don't have the plate, then you can make what ever you want. My suggestion is to bungie cord the 3 levers to the hand hold above the glove box door until you get the engine in. Once the engine is all bolted in, look at the levers and where they need to be from the top and bottom. I thought this was going to be a major pain on mine. I might have spent 20 minutes on it once I actually got around to looking at it. Compared to the engine and transmission mounts you need to finish before you do this, it will be easy.
    Thanks for the insight! I do have that plate, and see now it shouldn't be too much to deal with. In the scope of an engine swap, its not that big a deal, but one of those "little things" that pops up later on into the job.