Thread: Lockright verification

Default Lockright verification

Alright, this seems like a very simple (hopefully not stupid, lol) question.

So I'm looking to pick up a Lockright locker for the front 60 in my 715. I found one sorta locally for a really good price. It appears that the guy bought it, but for whatever reason is turning around and selling it. The box was supposedly only opened up to take this picture. Anyway, my question is: Is this all that there is to the Lockright? (see picture) Is there anything missing outta here or what? Seems like there should be more to it, but idk, I've never seen a complete Lockright in all its peices. I'd just like to know if this is it, cause if it is, I might just get it. Thanks.

68 M-715
    67 M-725

seems like it all. as long as you have the pins, springs, and all the teeth are good(which they are) you should be ok. Been awhile since i've messed with a detriot. How much is he asking?

I don't think everything is there Brandon. I can't see the center section your existing spider gear shaft goes through. Those two couplings go on each side of it. Don't buy it till your sure everything is there. Count your pins and springs if the bag is torn.

Those flats machined into the sides are for putting in a C- clip.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

I just happened to have one:

M715 W/W, M37

Sweet, thats what I wanted to see, both an exploded view and then all the individual parts laying out. I thought there had to be more than just "2" peices... Looking at the picture some more, I'm almost positive there are the other 2 peices underneath the 2 peices shown, as you can tell that underneath the 2 peices shown is not the bottom of the box, just a peice of cardboard. If I do go ahead with this, I'll ask to have him take everything outta the box and take a picture, but I'm fairly certain that he's not pulling my chain and this really is a brand new Lockright.

Question: The flat spots are for C-clips you say? Can I still use this Lockright in my non C-clip D60? I don't know much about C-clips, other than some axles have them to hold the shafts in, right? Anyway, just didn't know if this is a problem or no. Thanks again.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

It looks to be that all of the pieces are in the box. It just appears that they are stacked together neatly. I'll dig out the instructions if you need.
    M715 W/W, M37

That is the complete set. I remember mine being stacked just like that. Be sure it is for your application. If I remember right, the slots you can see at the bottom of the two main diff halves are for inserting the C-clip on a C-clip axle. I'm not sure if they should be on a Lockright for a D60. Also check the splines to make sure it will work.
    -What We Have, We Hold-