Thread: Ignition Problems

Default Ignition Problems

I have am M-715 with no coil in the distributor and no wires. Where could I find a 12 volt distributor and generator? I'm open to trade suggestions. I'm also interested in trading my original tires and wheels for custom wheels. I do not have the outside set of wheels on the back, only 4 tires/wheels total. They do hold air, and have pretty good tread left.

You can probably find the part at Coleman's, Saturn Surplus, Memphis Equipment, Midwest Military, etc. Or somebody on here will have them.

For custom wheels, check out Marsh Racing Wheels (MRW).

To my knowledge, the M715 never had rear dual wheels. At least, I've never seen or heard of one.
    1967 M715 w/w #11812

The 12 volt civilian 230 distributor can be found in Full Size Jeeps from 1963 to 1965 and Jeeps of the Universal series in the same period.

They are scarce.

Hopefully the vacuum advance works on it because those are no longer available...though one can probably adapt with some research.

The stock electrical system uses an alternator. They are out there but either used or pricey if rebuilt...these are both items you should post for on the Wanted board.

The wheels are not in a big demand, though people do needa spare from time to time. Custom wheels have to be made for these trucks as they have an odd bolt pattern...usually the person wanting new wheels has them made...and the stock truck only had 4 wheels an tires...if you have seen a dually setup it was not an original truck on that count.

Default thanks

Thanks, I really appreciate the information.