Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: what do the markings say

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i just got my kaiser a week ago and i am wondering what the markings on it meen. the passenger side front bumper has 82 ABN the driver side has HQ 15 , on the passenger door at has 4 with a circle around it, the front fenders have TP 25 at the top, on the bed above the tire it has TP 45 , the rest say no lift and lift here....... . its a 68 and was in service in iraq and has iraqi writing in the tail gate and hood. any help would be great..

Default what do the markings say

82nd airborn, head quarters, tire pressure

that was simple, thank you
    M715,s..are a mans jeep...

SAVE THOSE MARKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so i should not repaint it

don't paint over the markings or repaint them after you repaint the truck. the numbers make it coooooooooooool.

where would i get matching paint to repaint the bottem of the cab, it will be easy since they did it with a paint brush..

also what does the 4 with the circle around it on the pasenger side door meen

4th core or squad i would guess

82 ABN the driver side has HQ 15 , on the passenger door at has 4 with a circle around it, the front fenders have TP 25 at the top, on the bed above the tire it has TP 45
    82 ABN is as koobster said 82 Airborn divison. HQ 15 is Headquaters Compay (or Division HQ) and is the 15th vehicle in a road march (convoy). The 4 with a circle around it is the bridge plate meaning the weight of the truck and what type of bridge it can go over. i.e a bridge marked with a 4 or higher....and the TP is as koobster said Tire Pressure for your tires.
    If you save the markings and keep a photo copy of them then if you decide to restore the truck and repaint etc then you could repaint the markings and you would have proof of the markings with photos.
    Zone holster maker