Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michelin Xml's 325/85R16 mounting and tube?

There's a chance that you're having a customs problem too. Not to scare you, but last time I bought something from Canada, it was two new Dan Foss matching hydraulic motors and when I did *finally receive them, the box was shredded and taped all over and I got one motor and a windshield washer pump from a ford. I emailed the guy I bought them from and blasted him. He assured me they were there and he contacted customs, they sent him forms to fill, which he sent to me....*long story short* I was reimbursed by Canada Customs Dept, but would have rather had the two mathing motors. This was three months. I hope your situation does not go down this road...or the road I went with my XL's and the guy in Camille, GA, Bostick Enterprises.
    Big Blocks RULE!

Default What temp should my engien be running?

FINALLY GOT MY TIRES TODAY! I took them to a local shop and they couldn't get them mounted on the stock rim. The even had them in a hydraulic press.

Who's got aftermarket wheels? What are the specs (backspacing etc) and how much did they cost? Will it be cheaper to swap axles and lose the funky lug pattern?

Did they have the wheel up on a another wheel can or 5 gallon bucket so that the tire could flex down? I put 37x13x16 boggers on stock wheels and I know guys running 38x13x16 swampers. A 'regular' shop may not know the tricks.
    Big Blocks RULE!

I'll ask around. Maybe an old farm or truck place will know what to do. Thanks.

I recently got rid of the old military hummer tires that were on my M when I got it. They looked good, but there was not much tread left, they thumped real bad in the mornings when cold and the sidewalls were all weathered. Handling was scary on bad road surfaces. Bit the bullet and bought new 35X12.50X16.50 BFG mud ATs. HUGE improvement all the way around. Although they don't have that neat hummer-tire "look," the performance and improved handling make up for it.

The tire shop had their hands full with tires this size. Had to balance them on the balancer they usually use for semi-truck tires! But that's why I go to them for tires now, they really know what they are doing and they handle really big vehicles there.

Stan