Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a damaged or unusable canvas cab top

Nothing short of awesome. Nicely done

I think you did an amazing job. I don't think I have the patience to create what you did. But that's true for about 99.9% of the stuff you do. I wish I had a pinkies worth of your skill- gonz
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Quote Originally Posted by jwiltx View Post
    I know you say it's not perfect, but that looks great. If you decide to make them for forum members, please let me know.

Later with Jon's (Brute4c) permission, I would make a post offering them up. I wish is was not such a long process. I have one more to make, but I won't rule out making them to sell later. I guess I will cross that bridge or jump when I get there. Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by eightydeuce View Post
    Nothing short of awesome. Nicely done
    Yours will be the new improved version. I will get an email off you you soon. I have some questions for you. I am looking for needles in Spokane this morning. And I could use some more binding. I'd rather drive for 4 hours than wait for shipping. I will email soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gonz View Post
    I think you did an amazing job. I don't think I have the patience to create what you did. But that's true for about 99.9% of the stuff you do. I wish I had a pinkies worth of your skill- gonz
    I fake it a lot Gonz. Sometimes it actually works. I owe what I know to my Grandma. She could make anything from a pile of discards. And she did. She had a craft room that I remembered as being huge. Pottery wheel, bins of everything, etc. I saw it later as a teen and it was a little wing of the home that was essentially a laundry room. Amazing things came out of that little room. Funny how you remember things from being a kid. I wish she was still around.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
    I won't forget your post Teking. Lets see how the next one goes.
    OMG thats it!!!! Me likey! Lets talk when you are ready. Very nice work my man!
    Last edited by teking; January 8th, 2021 at 01:20 PM.

By the way, what fabric are you using? Duck canvas?

Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by jwiltx View Post
    By the way, what fabric are you using? Duck canvas?
    It is a very modern waterproof convertible top material. Sold on all new convertibles on the market today. It is miles above canvas duck fabric. Extremely strong, very tear resistant (I can't get it to tear) and very good looking with a small tight grain similar to a high quality bed sheet. The inside has a slightly textured surface that resembles very miniature diamond plate. Both sides black and very nice looking. There is not one thing wrong with canvas duck. I'd use it too. But this stuff is really something.
    FYI, my seams are not waterproof. I am intending to try and learn how to make them waterproof and that includes the window. For now rain can migrate past the stitching. But hey, it's a military truck right?

I've looked into it in the past (I used to do industrial sewing) to waterproof the seams of a backpack I was modifying. There's a waterproofing tape that you can use to cover the hem (adhesive-backed), or there's something you can put between the fabric and fold it over a few times before stitching.