Thread: May have located NOS Coils

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default May have located NOS Coils

A 6 year old thread indicated US made OEM coils for the M715 are all gone.

From pictures of them, I feel confident I "may" have found a source overseas that appear to be the American made original. Perhaps amassed during a past conflict as part of our supply line.

Anyhow I ordered one today. I'll report back how it looks "in-hand".

Kip

I have bought a coil from Eriks surplus, item# was 118712, if I remember that correct. Delivered without any problem.
    http://eriksmilitarysurplus.com/igco24vo11.html
    don't know whether this is NOS or not, but it should work.

Geez N2S3, am I dumb or what? Here you are in Germany, and you order from Eriks Military Supply, a company I've dealt with before, and I'm in a bidding war over a coil on e-bay. I need to pull my head outa my a..! Oh well, maybe I'll be outbid in the next 7hrs.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Default Oops

Quote Originally Posted by militarypotts View Post
    Geez N2S3, am I dumb or what? Here you are in Germany, and you order from Eriks Military Supply, a company I've dealt with before, and I'm in a bidding war over a coil on e-bay. I need to pull my head outa my a..! Oh well, maybe I'll be outbid in the next 7hrs.
    I put one bid on an active listing and "someone" outbid me. You and I BOTH appear to have been unaware Erik's had one which shines like an import, but resembles OEM on the top-side. Doesn't say in the listing ;
    http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/igco24vo11.html

Here's the link to the one I found in Istanbul ;
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
    $18 shipping was added to the $27 BIN price. It's on its way.

Looks pretty old, but listed as new. He has numerous items which appear to be vintage in his store.

Hopefully they are authentic, as I'd read posts which seem to imply the import clone coils are less resilient than the copy, which may or may not instead be attention to the switch being left on instead. This oddysey is alllllll brand new to me, being my 1st mil/surp vehicle. Learning as I go and please recall I have never even heard this truck run... yet.

The coil of the M151 series is exactly the same.
    Wolf

Guess i'm not the only one with coil trouble. Seems to be a commomn problem. I really don't know if mine went bad after I left the ignition on, but i'm assuming it did. I need to reinstall the charged batteries to find out. Having an extra isn't a bad idea tho.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

The photos of what I believe a new make

What timing. I'm in the process of bidding on a coil on e-bay right now. 8hrs left. I left my ignition switch on for the first time (I knew it would happen sooner or later) and I'm afraid I may have fried the coil. Haven't reinstalled the batteries yet. The batteries are new Interstates, and I charged them back to 12.5 volts. It's just to darn cold to go work out in the garage. The truck is only a toy for me, so no real hurry. Plus I had both of my knees replaced at the same time, and it's alittle harder to do things quickly now. Except when it's time to drive the truck, then I just hop in, and excersize that new left knee with the clutch pedal! Where did you locate the coils? How much, if you don't mind me asking? It looks like mine will cost me $50.00+ shipping. The price I have to pay for not paying attention I guess.