Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: Finally got her on the road!

Default Finally got her on the road!

The doors and hood and bumper never got the paint update. I got them stripped down. That is some tough paint to remove
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

My oh my, I just sent a day plus sanding on each fender skirt for a total of 2.5 days of nothing but sanding with an air sander. And a full day on the inner grill support. Only the inner panel. Seeing all that paint gone means you probably have a pile of sandpaper a foot high. Yes this is the toughest paint ever. But wow does that look great. Pretty sweet!
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

You are not kidding. I went through a bunch of DA discs and some roles of paper for the long board sander.

When I vacuumed it up, the filter fell off of the shop vac at some point and seized up the motor. Thankfully I was almost done at that point.

Wife got a new shark vacuum for the house, so I finished up using the old one
    Thanks, George

The exterior paint is almost done. I’ll post up a picture or two once I get the lettering on
    Thanks, George

Absolutely looking forward to it. We are both so close to being running and sort of done.

Hey George, is your windshield gasket lock strip on the inside or the outside? I can't tell.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
    Absolutely looking forward to it. We are both so close to being running and sort of done.

Hey George, is your windshield gasket lock strip on the inside or the outside? I can't tell.
    That’s a good question Al. It’s about 6 years old. I hope that I didn’t put it on backwards
    Thanks, George

You know Al, I misread your comment. I was thinking the gasket between the window frame and cowl.

I’ll have to look at the windshield tomorrow.

My windshield has delamination bubbles around the edges. The frame is the last exterior piece that needs stripping and painting
    Thanks, George