Thread: What can i get out of my old engin

Default What can i get out of my old engin

I will be swapping my 230 Tornado for a SBC. I have began the process of lubricating the old engine before I try a turn it. If it turns what is a fair price to ask for it so I can put the money back into my Truck.

Expect to give it away or maybe be able to get scrap price. Running engines often are given away.

That written. People will pay for transmissions, alternators, starters, distributors and such. Carburetors are always in demand too.

Price what you have by the accessories mentioned above and consider the engine as the bracket holder the buyer gets thrown in.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    consider the engine as the bracket holder the buyer gets thrown in.
    That's funny But, so true

If you have room for it you might hang onto it a while, if it doesn't sell. Some of the parts are unique to the military 230 and some of the other guys might be in need later.
    Of course they won't need it till 2 days after you've decided it HAS to go and you scrap it.... I kept my old 230 around for a while and finally just had to haul it off for the room. 2 days later somebody needed a timing cover.

Not really sure that I will not use it in the truck. I am still trying to make my mind up. I really want to make the truck a daily driver and like the SBC idea. Either way I will be rebuilding the motor. I am starting a SBC rebuild now it will be the first motor I have ever rebuilt myself. May do the 230 next. I also have 2 flathead Fords to rebuild later.

I would be interested in purchasing the engine whole if a compression test shows good results. I currently have an engine coming from AR via Fastenal freight.

If you were anywhere near by, I'd be interested in it.

I will do a compression text sometime this week. I am tracking down the wiring right now going to see if I can get it to run. I will for sure be doing a SBC switch working on building the motor now.