Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: barrman : Wiring Diagram

Default barrman :

Re: Wiring Diagram
    Post by barrman on Aug 16, 2006, 8:01am

By Amphenol I assume you mean the screw in cannon plug? I have the plug for the back of the 3 lever switch with wires going as far as the firewall and beyond. I have the screw on plug for the blinker switch and the flasher box. Both of those have wires that go about 4 inches.

I was going to use those components to just hand twist together wires that will complete the circuits in my room. Once I am convinced everything works, I will count up how many connectors I need and about how much wire. Order the stuff with blank metal tags. Stamp the tags with the proper numbers and then make the harness on the truck so the stuff is the right size. I am going to add the Packard plugs in places I think are convenient instead of where they might have been from the factory. That way, I can pull it all apart again at a later date without having to leave the wires hanging somewhere because they won't fit through the hole in the firewall.

Of course, putting stock tail lights on the back is going to mean I have to remake my back bumper for the 3rd time in 5 years. I still want and need the ball type hitch for my trailers. I will think of something.

Default brute4c :

Post by brute4c on Aug 16, 2006, 8:44am

What source are you using to get the connectors and blank metal tags?

Default sermis :

Post by sermis on Aug 16, 2006, 8:50am

Ball hitch. Try a reciever hitch that bolts to the frame like on normal pickups. I saw a post where they added one to an M35 bolted to the frame. had the pentel hitch and a receiver hitch.

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Aug 16, 2006, 8:52am

I talked to Kevin at Star Ordanance Monday. He has blank tags for $.25 each and used connectors of a tank or something (male and female) with long runs of wire attached for $1.25 each.

Don't you guys go buying up all the inventory before I make my order either.

Default brute4c :

Post by brute4c on Aug 16, 2006, 10:09am

I found a supplier when I was at the Iola show that has about 1.5 to 2 foot long wires with the smaller, I call them male, ends on both ends....$10 for a bundle of 10 or so....

They also hade a little doodad that had one of the male ends on one end and 3 female ends on the other with one of the sealed rubber covered connectors between....this is about 4 inches long total...like a buck a piece....they had metal tags on them but were stamped...

I talked to Kevin at the show...he said he didnt have anything when I asked on Saturday....

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Aug 16, 2006, 11:57am

Steve,
    The problem with bolting a hitch below the pintle hook is the spare tire mount. Even though my XZL's won't fit there now, I don't want to make that a non option in the future.

Jon,
    I caught Kevin walking in the door from the show. He probably just didn't have what you wanted with him.

Default sermis :

Post by sermis on Aug 16, 2006, 9:06pm

Slide the reciver hitch towards the back. it might stick out a little from the back cross member but if you go with the bunmerets it will look simi ok and clear the spair. if you go with a pipe bumper of some type have it drop below the bumper. Wish now I would have done that with mine. I just welded a short reciever tub to the cross member below where the pintail hitch would go. the M725 did not have the pintail hitch.....I gave you the one I thought about putting on but I don't think it would have cleared the fold out steps anyway.

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Aug 17, 2006, 7:57am

Steve, Sermis,

My students have cleaned that pintle all up. You want it back before I paint it? I have a full width pipe bumper on it now. I was thinking about just cutting the ends off and putting the stock tail lights in the stock location. At least until I can find some bumperettes and such.

Steve, Kwai,

Thanks for the translation.

Jon,

I bought 20 male plugs and 20 female plugs un assembled from Kevin last night at $1.00 each. I also got 20 feet of mil spec black 12 gauge wire at $1.00/foot. He sold me the special crimiping tool to assemble the plugs for $20.00 and I bought 40 blank metal tags for $.25 each. That should be enough to get my blinker system pre-wired, all my signal light buckets with good pigtails and ready to install.

He didn't tell me how many of each he actually has, but when I told him he might be getting more calls for them, he sounded like he could handle it.

Default brute4c :

Post by brute4c on Aug 17, 2006, 8:55am

Great info Tim..THANKS!!

Default k8icu :

Post by k8icu on Aug 17, 2006, 9:52pm

There is a guy on e-bay that has the brand new ends with the metal instide and the rubber outside forsale all the time. Might be Franks Surplus but I'm not sure. Its like a box of 100 or so. I find it listed under M715 and M151.