Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1967 M725 restoration project

Default 1967 M725 restoration project

I figured i would start a restoration build thread for the M725 that I just bought the other week so I can keep at the info together in one thread.

Here it was when I picked it up.

With it's long lost brother.

And thanks to Jeepdriver99 for the litter bars that mine was missing.

Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Also swapped out the ripped up seat cover with one of the extra ones that the preavious owner had for it, because I was tired of getting poked in the butt with a spring.

And then I made a quick set of markings out of low tack material so that I could check the fitment and sizing compaired to the original markings which could still be seen in the paint. Plus it will help give it the propper look until I can get to strip the body.

Also got the new fuel pump in it so that I could keep it running long enough to take it for a short run around the property to find that it needs the brakes bled and has a water leak. So those will be the next steps in the process for me.
    Dave

Keep it coming along Dave she looks good
    Chris

I would guess it would need more than a bleeding. When I got my restored m725, the last owner redid the brakes, but upon looking, three out of the four wheel cylinders were frozen. Plus I had to replace the axle bearing seals, too.

I'd vote to keep the original paint.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Nope the breaks just need to be bled. I had some breaks, but just not enough to stop it at any real speed. And then check the resivior showed it to be low on fluid.

I would keep the paint except that it is faded badly and very thin in spots, plus the crosses on the sides are decals that were placed over the original painted ones and have cracked and are crumbling. And to remove them will require stripping the sides so I might as well do the whole thing.
    Dave

Glad to see that there is another 725 getting restored instead of turned into a camper!
    Doc Thrush
    91b/91w/68w

Quote Originally Posted by Docthrush View Post
    Glad to see that there is another 725 getting restored instead of turned into a camper!
    Me too...

I'm sure it will look outstanding when completed. It's to bad about the flaking decals though. I for one, (and I'm probably in the minority) love the look of a faded O.D. paint job. That is how my truck looks, and I prefer it that way. Maybe it's because that's the way I remember the trucks back in my Army days. Can't wait to see the truck as it progresses.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Default 1967 M725 restoration project

To bad on the original paint. Would look good like that. But preserving is more important so if you have to paint then just the way it is.

Ok I have a stupid question, I see the exhaust tip sticking out of the rear of the jeep and it looks like it is suppose to have the fording pipe attached? Was that typical of the 725? Cause I don't see the cut in the hood for the intake hose? Or are all of our jeep suppose to have that end so the fording kit could be installed?
    Chris