Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: teking : Who was willing to repro the cab door corner seals

Blog Entries

Default teking : Who was willing to repro the cab door corner seals

Who was willing to repro the cab door corner seals
    Post by teking on Aug 24, 2006, 6:52pm

I have a brand new NOS front cab to door corner seal you could use to form a mold from. You'd have to make a mirror mold of the other side. Let me know .... these things are like gold.

Default vam715 :

Re: Who was willing to repro the cab door corner s
    Post by vam715 on Aug 24, 2006, 7:43pm

That would be me. VaM715, PM sent,

Default bluesman2a :

Post by bluesman2a on Aug 25, 2006, 9:56am

Uhhh... dumb question: what is that and where does it go? Pics of installed? Sorry if I'm being stupid, but I can't place that on my truck...

Default brute4c :

Post by brute4c on Aug 25, 2006, 11:09am

#5 in this image:

Last edited by brute4c; February 5th, 2010 at 05:52 PM.

Default kwai :

Post by kwai on Aug 28, 2006, 8:20am

There is also a seal on the other end of the door at the top and a rubber bumper. Makes a 6-piece set for both doors.

Default vam715 :

Post by vam715 on Aug 29, 2006, 4:30pm

I have the NOS front cab seal from Teking in my hands. Man, what a nightmare part. But, We are gonna give it a shot and see what I can do with it. If anybody has the door seal, I need a sample of it as well. Along with any of the other seals too. I think my long term goal is to try to recreate all the parts to provide us Zoner's these parts. Tooling may be the only killer on these things. But I have no problem putting forth the effort to get pricing on them. I can do about anything along this line, but sometimes the tooling is so outlandish, it doesn't make economic sense. I already supsect we are talking about $1000 for tooling, per side for the Cab corner that Teking sent me. May be able to do it cheaper if I send it to Taiwan, but I hate to do that to our Made in America Trucks. But if enough of us put in for it, I see commitments for about 30+ sets, I think I can make it tolerable for us all. Gonne give it my best shot anyway!

VaM715

Default 40grit :

Post by 40grit on Aug 29, 2006, 5:15pm

could you modify them enough to make them one model fits both sides and cut the tooling in half?

Default vam715 :

Post by vam715 on Aug 29, 2006, 9:18pm

Yea, I'm gonna look at the existing seals versus what I can produce economically. May be able to improve new versus old. This ain't gonna be no easy task, but I'm gonna seee what I can do. I'll keep everybody posted as things progress.

VaM715
    Loren

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Aug 29, 2006, 10:01pm

I know some people in Taiwan, as well as... *choke*...China, who might be able to help. They're people I have had a longstanding relationship with for 15 years, so they wouldn't be screwing me. None in the rubber parts business, but they know people, ya know....

If it might help....

Default vam715 :

Post by vam715 on Aug 30, 2006, 11:36am

My family has been in the industrial rubber business since 1974. Seals, gaskets, hose and fittings and molded rubber goods. My long term personal goal for all of this is to provide the hard to find gaskets, seals, molded goods and brake lines. Both in rubber and Stainless. Custom or original. Maybe even the tubing assemblies. I have the equipment to do it all, just not the time to devote to it. But as I hire more people, 45 at present, I hope to have a little help so I can work on all this. As my only hobby, I love working on my M715. So I hope to stay on a decent roll and make this stuff for us. From experience, I would love to keep a complete two door set, 12 pcs, under $100. But we'll see what works out. If anybodies curious about me, I have a simple web site, with a new one in the works, that gives you some info on my company. www.cardinalrubber.com

VaM715