Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Replacement top question

Default more onTires and rims

New canvas smell is awesome! It will fade but not terribly quickly though.

Chris

I got my new top just after X-Mas. I closed the box, brought to the wife, told her to close her eyes, I then opened the box and told her to take a deep breath. Her reply, get that out of the house thats dicusting.

She thought it was a gift for her. hehehehehe

How did NLR get the top in such a small box

new canvas smells GREAT

Thanks for all the info guys...Just ordered on e from NLR..Decided to get rid of the duct tape and blue tarp..5years it has served its purpose and its $32.00 investment.

Does New Life have a web site??

I'm 4 or is it 5 years with full canvas with seat covers. The smell is just now barely noticeable. When I would drive the m715 to work people would scoot away from me in meetings because of the smell. I put a towel on my seat for work stuff. I just got two gallons of CANVAK from Cabelas which is what Judith at NLR uses. Soon I will be reeking again. I love it. See my post about Canvas the Ultimate authority. Judith recommends it highly... I must add that my canvas still shows no signs of getting wet or damp inside in a strong Oregon rain. I'm redoing the M715 and doing the cab canvas on the Duece cause it really needs it. The Duece that is...
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

CANVAK is what the military uses to waterproof their tents. Good stuff!
    Zone holster maker

Default Hey Doug, Spicer, and anyone else who might be interested...

I was speaking with a, some-what athourity of military vehicles. and the topic of tops came up. He saying that Beachworks canvas is nicknamed "Bleach works" because it rapidly fades in the sun.
    I was wondering, if anyone with a NLR top has noticed this over the years?
    Not really worried (if it's sunny there is no reason to have the top up)
    Just like to go back to the "know it all" and say HA! NLR don't do that.
    Although anything will fade in the sun eventually.

Just got my Canvas samples(for the truck I don't even have yet.Ha!) from New Life Resource and I am ordering the Black Canvas w/ zippered back window. Judith Rocks! 2 days and the samples are in my hands!
    1969 M715

[url]http://homepage.mac.com/ltalessi/PhotoAlbum58.html[img]
    here is TWO NLR tops with roll up backs, need better pics? email me. the one on the army truck is almost 1 year old, never garaged and if you notice, its as tight as a drum, and i dont notice if its faded

mine is one year old, JUST installed thats why its loose. i sprayed it with water to get it to shrink and am leaving it outside, although it will be parked in covered parking.