Thread: Rubber Tailtgate Bumpers

Guys,

I've seen some M715 rubber tailgate bumpers for sale on ebay several times. Since my M has never had those on it can anyone tell me where those go and what purpose they serve? Keep it clean now...keep it clean...

Stan

On the tailgate, there are 2 bolts on the lower part of the rear face of it, where these mount on the outside...they are bumpers to keep from hitting metal on metal. I believe you can get these at Napa for a couple bucks...same part...
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Default Tie Rod Slop?

You can also swipe a pair off your local UPS package car. They use thm as hood bumpers. The hoods are flip-up jobbies, and ther have a cuppla these mounted to the bottom of the nose to rest on. Grab me a set of wheels, too - I hear they fit our trucks.

They cushion the tailgate/bumperette contact.
    "other peoples junk, is something or other" - Militarypotts 02/07/2011

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c
    On the tailgate, there are 2 bolts on the lower part of the rear face of it, where these mount on the outside...they are bumpers to keep from hitting metal on metal. I believe you can get these at Napa for a couple bucks...same part...
    brute4c
    Thanks for the info, I know what you're talking about now. I don't suppose you have the NAPA number? Or can you tell me what to ask for? Those kids behind the counter always look stumped when I ask for parts for anything older than they are. And that ain't very old.

Bump, the UPS guys don't like me taking stuff off their trucks and they're real strong and burly from lifting boxes all day. I don't think I'll be pulling anything off the "big brown Santa trucks"!

Stan

Here's a source for them: http://www.awdirect.com/awdirect/fin...fm?itemid=7348

I ordered the THB-621.

They are PACAKAGE CARS! They use the term "trucks" in their NASCAR-realted commericals so the Winston/Nextel Cup fans & trailer-park denizens can follow the entire 15-second spot.

Burn it in, man! PACKAGE CAR!
    "other peoples junk, is something or other" - Militarypotts 02/07/2011

www.flmv.net has the nos rubber bumpers

rick