I didn’t report back either. I researched and researched. Then decided I don’t drive the M715 fast enough, far enough or often enough to spend the big bucks on head lights to replace ones that currently work.

However, my Miata takes the exact same headlights since my M715 is 12 volt. I do drive it fast, far and often. Like the M715 it has a wiring system that is considered weak for HID lights. LED is the obvious upgrade.

I got the Trucklite LED units from amazon. True plug and play install. Nothing extra needed. Big difference on electrical pull from the halogens. The Miata idle has to be set with all accessories off. Turning the lights on used to drop it 50 rpm. Now I don’t hear, see or feel any idle change when they turn on.

Then there is the light. I have never driven behind LED’s before. I expected an improvement. But not the dramatic difference I got. WOW! The pattern does take some getting used to though. Instead of a wall of light like I was used to. I now have two very focused beams. I am still messing with the aim because I started out with two beams with a small dark spot in the middle where they don’t meet.

That is the low beams. Much further reach with a very definite cut off on top. Road signs are brighter but don’t reflect glare back at me. Good side of the road light too. The beam is so well focused that I had worked them just a bit higher. Then with a trunk full of stuff and Jennifer in the car. I was getting flashed by oncoming traffic. One turn down and nobody else complained. They are that exactly focused. The lows are on all the time and do not turn off

The high beams add a wall of light in all forward looking directions. Another huge improvement.

I have not had a chance to drive more than about an hour in total dark at a time with them yet. With winter coming, I will get plenty of night driving. So far I am very much impressed. 10 years from now if they last as long as they are supposed to. They will have paid for themselves. Maybe.