Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Camper Special

Well, progress is slow due to a move.
    I should have it at my new place this weekend then I'll start plugging away. Thx for checkin in

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Good deal
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Finally have it moved to my new place and will start working on it again. Unfortunately I'm outside so progress will be weather permitting.

I'm still lining up the drivetrain and it looks like the tranny mount is going to be fairly easy. I basically need a piece of angle iron that I can bolt right on the original frame brackets and then have the original Dodge mount bolt to that.

ancient thread..anything still going on with this truck/concept?

mike W

Well, not much to report on, just need the motization to plug away at motor. Thx for checking in, I'm still around

Hey guys, raising this thread from the dead, I'm back at it.

Its going to be slow but I'm at least checking off the list.

Still finalizing the motor and tranny mounts.

Found the source of an oil leak that nicely preserved the passenger side of the motor. It's an 93 with a heat exchanger for the auto. The heat exchanged will be removed, appears he ran it without it connected for years anyway.

Just trying to finish up stuff from last time and keep plugging away.

As long as ur staying with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal, looking forward to seeing updates again
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Glad to hear you are still at it. Can't wait to see this thing finished.

Hey guys, thanks for checking this out. Everyone seems to really like this project. Instead of detailing the build in the thread I'm trying out this video blog thing. It's new to me and I made some mistakes like calling it a M715 and covering the mic with a finger, doh! I'll do a step by step for those interested in the cummins swap and get some ideas on those who have done them before. Let me know what you think. Also let me know of any good software to do video editing.

I havent seen many use the dodge crossmember but it gives you placement of motor mounts while keeping support to the frame. The problem is that it takes up space above the front dif requiring a spring over. I was planning on doing this anyway to fit the tires I want, also matching the 4.56 gears. It wasn't clear in the video but that goofy template saved me a bunch of time. I first marked the holes on the inside of the frame with the crossmember in place. After removing it, I drilled those out. I was an a lousy position to them drill the outer holes so I made the template to drill on the outside of the frame. I then had much better leverage to bang them out quickly. It's not finished as I have the holes all at 3/8's and need to bore them out to 1/2".

Anyway, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WofN5knGyoQ