Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M715 Snow plow

Default M715 Snow plow

Hey

Does anybody know if the m715 has the power to use a snow plow with its original engine? If so can you make a attachment for a plow that is not a eye sore, and that you can attach. also is there any plow make that is recommended.
    thanks

I would think that the original engine would work just as well as my SBC did since it is really more of a torque and gearing demand being at such low speeds but maybe someone else can shed some light on that. I mounted an 8' meyer on mine with the bolt on cutting edge and the trip door on it. It used the electric/hydralic setup to lift with and worked really good. The draw backs that I found with the one I had was it weighed 925# and I had to piece together a mount system and modify it to make it bolt up to our trucks. I could push through snow higher than the blade no problem at all with studded tires. I would probably go with a lighter one if doing it again but the weight definitely helps cut through the pack. Also you will probably want to build a counter weight to even out the truck when your blade is up or the rear brakes do nothing at all. I used 2"x6" stacked on the edges and cut them to build a box across the rear of the bed from the rear edge of the fender wells and the other side against the lip at the rear by the tailgate, mixed concrete right there in the box until full and it worked great.

Default Thanks

thanks for the help

Kind of seems that putting a plow on the front would take all of the fun out of it!!!

Snuffy

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

The M715 will push a plow fine. I'd imagine you'd have to add some weight to the bed though for traction.

Many 715's went to state highway departments for that use too, along with the fire departments.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Default Work truck

Up in New england there is 6 months of winter, and a good plow truck is handy, I want to make the m715 good for jobs like plowing and carrying loads.

Quote Originally Posted by lukeisaduke View Post
    I want to make the m715 good for jobs like plowing and carrying loads.
    Good man! It's fun to make these or many other rigs more versatile. I just used mine recently for some off road driving and found a few items that need to be corrected. It's been a great work horse for a few years, but it didn't take long to figure out that it's a big truck on tight, rocky terrain.

Default Dreams

It would be great to just slot in some bolts to hold on a plow attachment, and take it of for summer.

I know that the stock truck works fine with a plow...one of our members up here in Wisconsin told me that he doesnt need low range until snow is coming over the plow...I dont remember him saying he added weight in the bed but I dont think I asked about that.

Thanks for the advice