Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front and rear door seals

Default Front and rear door seals

I was wondering if any made or knew were to get the seals that seal the front of the doors to the cab? I also belive i am missing some seals that seal the rear of the doors to the cab. I can see the rear ones in the parts manual but cant tell what they look like. They both screw to the cab and seal to the door.I have none so it gets alittle wet in the rain lol

Default See Thread

See this as well as other threads

Weatherstripping

I searched and found those posts but could not find anything on the seals i am talking about.I already have fsj weatherstripping for the window seals and universal glue on weatherstripping for the door seals.These are two very small seals that i need.they just seal the top front and rear corners of the doors.

Those small formed seals at that location and the ones at he dash where the door touches arent avial anywhere that i have ever found. Yrs ago vpw had some but i think they have sold what they had. someone here was trying to make some repro ones made but i dont know if anything ever happened
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

I have been trying to repro one (as a hobby). I haven't had time to try making another one since my first try didn't work out so well. I did have some time this last weekend to weld up a new slide for the die (the original plastic slide I used broke when I extracted the first (and last) piece I made).
    I hope to try making another part this week. I will keep you guys posted.

-Brian (and Angry)

Sounds good to me let me know how you make out.Iam intersted. thanks Mike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Truck View Post
    I have been trying to repro one (as a hobby). I haven't had time to try making another one since my first try didn't work out so well. I did have some time this last weekend to weld up a new slide for the die (the original plastic slide I used broke when I extracted the first (and last) piece I made).
    I hope to try making another part this week. I will keep you guys posted.

-Brian (and Angry)
    What happened???

I know I'm late to this topic. I just got into the M715 lifestyle in 2012. Has this issue been resolved yet? I'm definitely in need of the front door seals item #5.

Flexane is a very good casting agent. It is available in two different durometers.
    I made a mold for a tailgate part for a wagoneer I restored and the part came out great. It is a repair compound for conveyor belts. You will need a release agent because it bonds well.

If you have the old seals. Drop them in 303 for a couple months. They will re-hydrate and spring back to shape. Fisherman deserves credit for that. I am attempting it now.

This book is very helpful. Thought I would post up.

This is what my front door seals look like before the long soak in 303.

This where they will sit till next spring. I have seen this done and it worked well.