Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: tops tops tops

Default tops tops tops

where would a guy have to go to get a good canvas top for one of these old junker m715

Surplus ciry jeeps, beachwood canvas, weebee webbing, or new life canvas ( if you have a year or two) the other three are all reputable and haved quality stuff, pretty sure surplus city has the best price (265.00)

Duane

I am very happy with my Surplus City top. Pics of it on my M715zone profile. Click on the 'It's here' album, lower right side.
    Last edited by kyken; January 30th, 2010 at 10:36 PM.

I have Surplus City top and seat covers. Very nice.

Scott

My vote is for Weebee Webbing (though, I'm sure others are good, too). Very high quality stuff, quick and easy to deal with. Also, they give you some extra options (zippers, roll-up windows, etc.) that others don't.
    1967 M715 w/w #11812

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Bought mine from VPW about 3 years ago. Been very happy with the fit and quality.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

has anyone seen the difference between quality and price, the weebee webbing one is 345.00 and the surplus city one is 265.00, I dont know how much the beachwood canvas one is ( although I know they make an inexpensive vinyl one) nor do I know how much they are from VPW.
    other than the large back window that mona supposedly sells, are the other ones any different???

Duane

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Honestly, other than the differences in options you mentioned, all of them I have looked at seem to be made of the same type of material, and the fit seems to be pretty good as well.

The vinyl ones look cheap and to me look like they are made from the same material that tarps are made from.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Quote Originally Posted by Duane View Post
    has anyone seen the difference between quality and price, the weebee webbing one is 345.00 and the surplus city one is 265.00, I dont know how much the beachwood canvas one is ( although I know they make an inexpensive vinyl one) nor do I know how much they are from VPW.
    other than the large back window that mona supposedly sells, are the other ones any different???

Duane
    I think the $345 from Weebee gets you a zippable roll-up window. At least it did for the M37 version that I bought from them. They sell a cheaper one that is more like the stock top.

Can't speak to quality comparison as I've only dealt with the one, but it seemed very heavy-duty and well-made to me.
    1967 M715 w/w #11812

I have been a phone call away from ordering one for 2 months now, and kicked myself when I saw surplus city had a 20% off sale a week before christmas. 210 dollars for the top would have been great. I also think the
    vinyl top doesnt look as nice as the canvas one. and except for the larger window that mona sells( if you wait a lifetime) I think they are all the same.I am hoping for another sale from Surplus city. but will have one on my truck by spring either way. Maybe theyll have a Valentines Sale?

Duane