Thread: Getting Registered

Default Getting Registered

Hi all, recently got my m715 ready to drive and took it down to a title and registration place here in anchorage but when the guy searched the 5 digit vin it came up as some brand vehicle (not Jeep or matching plate) that I had never heard of in Illinois and said he couldn't do it even though I had a signed legal tile in hand. I'm pretty confident it isn't stolen from Illinois as I have 3 registration slips that date back to October of 1990 up till 2018 and show that the truck has been in Alaska for atleast 29 years and even record plate and color changes. So do you guys think I'll have better luck if I bring it to the actual dmv with the registration slips and I'd also appreciate any tips you guys might have about navigating this bureaucracy.

Thanks, Ben S.

Forgot to add that the vehicle in Illinois is listed as stolen and I know its a common problem that these vins will pull up random vehicles and equipment

I would hope you have better luck at the dmv office...

What is it coming up as that is stolen? Should be common sense for a decent minded DMV official to look at some vehicle that is nowhere near anything like an M715 and an M715 with the same vin and not be able to make a simple executive decision to register yours as not that one. Seems they could add an "A" or "1" after your vin in the system just to make it work...even better...add "M715" after the vin and then you could be pretty sure it wouldnt match anything anywhere and it will always work for the truck because it will be obvious that its the 5 digit truck vin and the model of truck.

Good luck and keep in touch. Hopefully it isnt a big headache...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

So I had a similar issue in Louisiana but rather than fight the DMV we can go to title/license contractors. The can title/plate your vehicle and have seen it all since that is the only thing they do. They knew how to code it right and I got my plates. Do they have something similar in Alaska?

I'm sure there is something like that here in anchorage and I might have to look into if I cant get the ball rolling with the dmv. I cant't remember the exact name of the brand he named off it started with a c and was something I had never heard of. Gonna probably go to the actual dmv tomorrow if I can find the time and bring all the paperwork I have and a picture of the trucks ID plate. My boss has also offered to contact one of his friends at the dmv to see if they could help. Honestly I think all I need is a worker who will hear me out and look at the pictures, registrations, and title and realize these are 2 different vehicles.

Good news, I was fortunate to have someone this time at the dmv who has seen this problem happen before and was able to get the right people involved to clear it up, its officially titled and registered in my name.

I understand your situation. I'm going to register my new M715 here in maine and hope it goes well. The title has it as a 1967 but the info plate says 1969. I will be getting an Antique plate which removes the hassle of vehicle inspections. If I later restormod it, I'll have to get a Custom plate. Here's hoping...